Check this cheap exhaust bell mouth downpipe under $200

I'm a welder by trade, my dad owns a shop and a business. I know bad welds when I see them, so again, just trying to give good advice.

Ok, I'm a welder and mechanic too and never had seen an chinese header cracked but with this I do not mean it to happen, anyway wait to get my downpipe and see how good quality is it. hope it looks strong.

I had an Evo 6 with 500whp this had Chinese header and in three years never been cracked.

Ok, I'm a welder and mechanic too and never had seen an chinese header cracked but with this I do not mean it to happen, anyway wait to get my downpipe and see how good quality is it. hope it looks strong.

"welder" can be a very loose term sometimes. If you we're a welder then you would respect the knowledge of knowing shitty welds can bust at any time, and will not be able to undergo that pressure for the forseeable future

what pressure are you talking about??? this is not compared with the pressure in a turbo car and the chinese headers works fine even in turbo cars when the pressure and temperatures are really high. I'll go with unrestricted exhaust so the pressure in an NA car is low, plus the cat will be removed with the consequence that it will occur less temperature, if you know about that, you will understand what I'm talking about.

what pressure are you talking about??? this is not compared with the pressure in a turbo car and the chinese headers works fine even in turbo cars when the pressure and temperatures are really high. I'll go with unrestricted exhaust so the pressure in an NA car is low, plus the cat will be removed with the consequence that it will occur less temperature, if you know about that, you will understand what I'm talking about.

I had a b20b turbo integra, I know all about it. I welded the exhaust myself. I was never arguing with you, just telling you that those welds are ****. That is all.

I had a b20b turbo integra, I know all about it. I welded the exhaust myself. I was never arguing with you, just telling you that those welds are ****. That is all.

all these chinese headers needs to weld a reinforcement at the base of the turbo so you can avoid cracks see the pic.

$_35.JPG

Hey, it is what it is. Maybe this will make the big names think a bit when they try to charge us $400 + for a pc of tubing. Competition is a good thing.

Hey, it is what it is. Maybe this will make the big names think a bit when they try to charge us $400 + for a pc of tubing. Competition is a good thing.

Competition and quality competition are two completely different things.

Ok, so how much more time does it take to lay a nice bead compared to a bad one. Time is money but I don't see $200 difference. These exhaust people have been stroking us for how long ?

Ok, so how much more time does it take to lay a nice bead compared to a bad one. Time is money but I don't see $200 difference. These exhaust people have been stroking us for how long ?

R&D, equipment, machine costs, overhead, raw material, labor. The general amount of ignorance most people have when it comes to running a business and the cost of ALL of the inputs that go into determining a final price for something is really frustrating sometimes. Notice I didn't list profit with all of the inputs.

Also keep in mind the small batches of product being produced due to being a niche market. Niche market also equates higher prices due to laws of supply and demand.

If you ran a business how would you reduce prices? Pay your people less? Use people who aren't good or qualified to due the job? Take less of a profit yourself? Cut corners? Use sub-par materials? Use sub-par equipment or machines?

ISO-9000. That seller doesn't follow that.

You can buy a set of good set of V8 headers for about the same price as one of the big name downpipes. Compare the difference. To answer the cost cutting question I would accept a reasonable profit for reasonable product. I don't need schooled on the economics of it.

At the end of every argument said about this product, it is still a quality issue no matter what.

To answer the cost cutting question I would accept a reasonable profit for reasonable product. I don't need schooled on the economics of it.

How do you define reasonable?

I don't think you should expect to retire or get rich by making downpipes for civics. I feel that the aftermarket for these cars is just too expensive to justify. There should be a middle ground somewhere on the pricing. I will not argue that there are quality differences and I can appreciate seeing the quality work on the higher end parts. The thing is that there are people in college or have a family that would like to enjoy there cars with a little added power but when that comes at these prices my money will go to my house payment.

I don't think you should expect to retire or get rich by making downpipes for civics. I feel that the aftermarket for these cars is just too expensive to justify. There should be a middle ground somewhere on the pricing. I will not argue that there are quality differences and I can appreciate seeing the quality work on the higher end parts. The thing is that there are people in college or have a family that would like to enjoy there cars with a little added power but when that comes at these prices my money will go to my house payment.

Then you are not the target audience. There are plenty of us that are willing to pay. Those who aren't willing to pay...buy the cheap quality parts thinking they are getting a deal when in reality they are buying inferior product that will most likely end up costing them more in the long run.

These guys are not making anywhere near as much profit as you think. I have gotten many of my parts at or near cost or wholesale and have been surprised at how little the vendor/manufacturers actually make...and I understand everything that goes into running a small business. A 30-40% gross profit will generally end up being in the realm of 5-10% after all of the overhead (and possibly R&D cost recovery) is taken into account. Now, the owners have to decide how much of that to keep for themselves or put back into the business in order to grow it.

Back