College Hills Honda Door Visors

Um, my OEM Honda civic visors are held it by more than sticky tape, mine have clips going into the door channels

Ahh I see. They don't make the OEM ones for coupes. My bad...

My wife has a set of AVS ones for her accord. The tape bond is really strong. It seems like the plastic would break before the tap let go

Can I ask out of curiosity what the purpose or attraction to the window visors is? I was at a car show on the weekend and lots of cars have them so it got me thinking.
I was thinking that maybe it's because it gives the illusion that the windows are shorter or something. Not quite sure so that's why I'm asking. Let me know why ya like em. :)

Can I ask out of curiosity what the purpose or attraction to the window visors is? I was at a car show on the weekend and lots of cars have them so it got me thinking.
I was thinking that maybe it's because it gives the illusion that the windows are shorter or something. Not quite sure so that's why I'm asking. Let me know why ya like em. :)

Great question. I'm curious about the mass appeal myself as it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Are we missing out on something?

^^I thought they were so that you can crack your window when it's raining and no water will come in the windows but what do I know.
I'm thinking there's more to it than just that.....

My avs visors are holding up great. We had rain the other day and I was able to crack the windows a bit to get some air in and no water got into my car. As to looks I really like them

JonnyRotten .......... I don't know of any reason to have them other than wind/sound/water protection, but knowing I will be putting some on any car I get, I'm also going to want them to look good and function well and not distract from the looks of the car.
When I 1st got my Coupe I really thought about "NOT" getting any, for the looks, but rain and trying to keep my windows from fogging "without" having to run the air conditioner wasn't cutting it. But after seeing what they looked like on a coupe. I went ahead and got some. It sounds to me as if you've never had any, just being able to leave the window down an inch or two on hot days when it might rain is a good reason as well. Function always wins in my book.

JonnyRotten .......... I don't know of any reason to have them other than wind/sound/water protection, but knowing I will be putting some on any car I get, I'm also going to want them to look good and function well and not distract from the looks of the car.
When I 1st got my Coupe I really thought about "NOT" getting any, for the looks, but rain and trying to keep my windows from fogging "without" having to run the air conditioner wasn't cutting it. But after seeing what they looked like on a coupe. I went ahead and got some. It sounds to me as if you've never had any, just being able to leave the window down an inch or two on hot days when it might rain is a good reason as well. Function always wins in my book.
Your right Monk, I have never had them and I don't intend to get them either. I personally don't like the look but that's my taste. To each his own.
I was merely wondering why they are so popular especially since I saw lots of cars at the car show I went to recently with them installed.

Your right Monk, I have never had them and I don't intend to get them either. I personally don't like the look but that's my taste. To each his own.
I was merely wondering why they are so popular especially since I saw lots of cars at the car show I went to recently with them installed.
You know you're probably on to something as far as some ppl wanting them, the same way they want whale-tails, there-for being for looks more so than function, and you have a right to style choice. When I'm asked, I usually lean my decisions/answers more in line with function. If you've seen my coupe you'll see I haven't lowered it or put anything on along the bottom(for the same reason), or gone with any lower profile tyres than what I concider(for myself) to be a balance of handling vs's comfort.
There are a lot of different opinions on here as to what is for function and what's for looks........... Then there's mod's being done that can "both" hurt the part and, or be dangerous. Wrong off-set for wheel(bearing stress), stretching rubber on the rims, etc.
The feeling I get on this forum is that most ppl have chosen not to berate others on there mod choices, and to keep their thoughts to themselves, to maintain harmony, and it seems on the most part that the bashing is held in check here..... which I think is nice........ On the other hand, I would prefer to see ppl ask about something before they do it and get some honest feed-back, but if they wait till they have already done it, then ask, they'll get apolite answers.

I'd say a majority of people do it for "looks" over function. They're made to crack the windows in poor weather without rain or whatever entering the car.

how do you install the college hills honda door visors? i want to get a set of visors, am looking for something I can probably do myself that will still look good since I would imagine the dealer will charge me an arm & leg.. i have an LX sedan, so what choices do I have?

Here's my installation break down:

1st you want to take a black magic marker to the side of the tape that's already on the visor so no white colour will be seen after install.

2nd (optional) sand the edges of the visor (any part that can be felt with your hand)...... not allowing the sandpaper to touch flat surface, just take the rough edge off.

3rd Pull red tape protecter off at the top two corners..........Just enough from the corners so you can pull it once you have the visor against the door (that should be "FOUR" pieces of tape from the two corners).

4th now lightly put the two corners where you want them. (idealy you don't want any over hang that could get caught with the normal touching of the door after install ie; from opening the door, grabbing the top of the door).

5th start with pulling the red tape protecter from the front to back a few inches at a time(always keeping an eye(hand) on the visors centre so you don't let it bow upwards).
When you get near the center stop................ then go to the rear corner and repeat the same towards the middle.

6th now pull the red tape on the corners down and off.

7th heat the tape after install (keep your hands "in" the flow of air so you will feel the heat, but don't allow to burn)................. Then take your thumbs and point them at each other tip to tip and press down on the visor parts that's sticking to the car, and do that from end to end.

This looks like a lot to do but it isn't, just idemized, ............. one thing to remember none of this is under any time pressure to get it done quickly............ just do it in these numbered stages and it'll work........

I know a couple of people on here bought the door/rain visors for the coupe from chh just wanted to know how people's were holding up after a few months. i been dying to get a pair for my coupe but im not sold on the 3m tape staying on the car for a long period of time. Id rather get in channel visors and i made the request to weather tech but i dont think it will happen unless alot of people call up so since im inpatient i was just going to get the ones from chh so hows is everyones holding up? any help would be great thanks guys

I've had four visors w/ 3M tape on an '04 Element since day one. Still there. The gray 3M tape started out as oem side molding tape a long, long time ago to replace those riveted clips and I've never seen the stuff fail. I've used it in computers I built for extra cooling fans etc., when I didn't want to drill near a mobo and leave shavings. I could pick the entire pc up by the fan. Used it all around the house, have my Whistler 3600 mounted under the car with it instead of drilling, the list goes on. Clean surface, sticks forever.

Just put side moldings from College Hills Honda on the Si today -- 3M tape. Great stuff.

I've had four visors w/ 3M tape on an '04 Element since day one. Still there. The gray 3M tape started out as oem side molding tape a long, long time ago to replace those riveted clips and I've never seen the stuff fail. I've used it in computers I built for extra cooling fans etc., when I didn't want to drill near a mobo and leave shavings. I could pick the entire pc up by the fan. Used it all around the house, have my Whistler 3600 mounted under the car with it instead of drilling, the list goes on. Clean surface, sticks forever.

Just put side moldings from College Hills Honda on the Si today -- 3M tape. Great stuff.

+ 1 ......... I have them on my Coupe......... but I put some 3M tape visors on my previous car(dailey driver) and it stayed for "18" years......

I had the WeatherTech visors on my 2010 EX Sedan and liked them. I also have the "stick-on" type on my Chrysler van and like them. I would have purchased the WeatherTech visors for my 2012 EX Coupe if they were available. I contacted WetaherTech and it appeared that they didn't know if they would be making them for the coupe or not unless they received a lot of inquiries for them. So I purchased the "stick-on" type from College Hills Honda as they had some in stock. I am well satisfied with the way they look on my coupe and even more satisfied with the excellent service from College Hills Honda.

Back