Congratulations to the Rotax's on their bundle of joy!

8VKqS.jpg

I can haz babiez too?

CIMG3569.jpg

CIMG3568.jpg

CIMG3567.jpg

CIMG3566.jpg

Male is on the top of the log and the female is down with the babies. This was on Monday and by Friday the male got kicked out and was not allowed near the babies. Part of his rear fin is now missing but he is back in the area of the babies. Odd....

What breed is that? Congrats! Brings back memories. Ours now come to the side of the tank and follow us. They're starting to get some adult colors but the camera won't pick it up. Robert will probably be getting rid of them in a month or two :( wish I could keep them all but he said I could have two. Picking those two will be difficult :( I may name them giuseppe and salvatore

No clue what breed they are....they are my roommates fish. Prob can't keep any as the tank is at capacity already.

Here are some photos I took tonight of the firemouth cichlids "babies" fry. They're about a centimeter long now. The quality of the photos aren't the best as they move so quickly...but hey...first I have been able to!

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

I'm going to be so sad when they're gone. I enjoy watching them and really look forward to it every day. At least I get to keep two though. :)

Back