Connecting Rods and Pistons for the R18 and K24Z7

For those of you turning up the boost on your motors, I thought you might like to know we now have a full lineup of BOTH rods and pistons for the R18 and the K24Z7. Previously, rods for the R18 were a bit hard to come by, and so we're glad to have them finally available.

In general, you should probably consider rods and pistons if you're going over about 8 PSI of boost. You should also select a piston with a compression ratio of less than 10:1. It will help ensure that your motor holds together in the long run. For K Series motors under an extreme amount of boost, we recommend choosing an "I Beam" style connecting rod.

More info on the pistons: Honda Civic CP Pistons Forged Piston Sets

More info on the rods: Honda Civic K1 Rods Billet Forged Connecting Rods

CP%20Pistons%20Main%20Pic_LRG.jpg

k1-connecting-rods_LRG.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Are the rods plated? I ask cause they look like they might be, but didn't see anywhere that they are. Not that it matters, but I was just curious. Thanks. :wavey:

Shot peened for improved fatigue life!
BLU BY U would approve of these!

Shot peened for improved fatigue life!
BLU BY U would approve of these!

LOL! I remember that thread. He sure knew how to stir a pot.

No offense, although I know shot peening is a mechanical treatment to the surface of a metal part, the rods in the pic still look like they're zinc or chrome plating.

lol I know. I was just laughing when I saw that on the homepage of k1

LOL! I remember that thread. He sure knew how to stir a pot.

No offense, although I know shot peening is a mechanical treatment to the surface of a metal part, the rods in the pic still look like they're zinc or chrome plating.

Yes, the picture is a bit too "shiny" I guess. The rods are not plated with anything special though, just shot peened like you guys mentioned. I'm not sure if plating rods would really do anything besides make them look nice when taking them out of the box.

For the .5 mm oversize you'd have to bore the engine right? Is that dangerous?

For the .5 mm oversize you'd have to bore the engine right? Is that dangerous?

Yes, but .5mm oversize is barely anything...there is plenty of metal on the stock block to allow for that. If your motor has a lot of miles and you're about to do some major power mods, it can be beneficial to slightly bore out the block to ensure the new pistons have a good tight fit.

Back