Cracked Windshield

Sorry to hear about this Andre. Hang in there bro. They say bad things come in threes so you should be all done now. Great to see many members helping you out.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this Andre. Hang in there bro. They say bad things come in threes so you should be all done now. Great to see many members helping you out.

Thanks Paul. Yes, I should be done with the bad luck now.

This place is great for people helping out. The best car forum I've been part of for sure.

I'd be careful with anything BUT OEM glass. I had to replace my windshield in my 08TL-S and did it with OEM glass. My girlfriend had to do the same on her 08 Fit Sport and she chose to go aftermarket, the damn thing makes it look like you're looking through a fish bowl. Very opaque, and blurry in several spots, the glass thickness does not look flush at all, almost like its thin in spots which is what causes the aquarium affect. Talked with my Acura service writer about it an he said he's had several customers over the years go with aftermarket and they come back and request it to be swapped out cause driving the car makes them sick to their stomach from the blurryness, just my experience, do what you can finically afford, just be advised it may not be what you want?

I'd be careful with anything BUT OEM glass. I had to replace my windshield in my 08TL-S and did it with OEM glass. My girlfriend had to do the same on her 08 Fit Sport and she chose to go aftermarket, the damn thing makes it look like you're looking through a fish bowl. Very opaque, and blurry in several spots, the glass thickness does not look flush at all, almost like its thin in spots which is what causes the aquarium affect. Talked with my Acura service writer about it an he said he's had several customers over the years go with aftermarket and they come back and request it to be swapped out cause driving the car makes them sick to their stomach from the blurryness, just my experience, do what you can finically afford, just be advised it may not be what you want?

That's kind of another reason why I'm probably going to have it done at the dealer. They warranty it for a year.

Pros and cons of both I guess.

New windshield is in. Does that count as a mod? Should I take a picture? I do think it's a faster one. It sure looks faster......and feels faster for sure.

I ended up getting it done at the dealer. It's an OEM windshield and the dealer warranties it for a year. The worst part is that I can't wash the car for a day.....

I'd say at least 5hp

Well the stone chips have to add drag right?

Now to the Acura dealer on Monday to get the paint job redone that they did for the hit and run a few weeks ago. After that it should be ready for summer.

Back