ct s/c stage 1

Labeller

question 1 : I don't see connector on the picture coming with the 550 cc injectors ? are they in the kit or the 550 cc injectors fits ton oem harness ?

question 2 : if I only buy cai and dp but keep stock exh at 2''1/4 ? correct me if im wrong. will it make a big difference between stock and 2.5 '' or 3'' ? does it worth the price$ for gain ?

Last edited:
Question #2 = I wouldn't bother if your only doing stage1, it'll just make the car louder for nothing and you'll fall into the "fart can/rice category"! and make sure the CAI has the fins around the MAF sensor or you'll have crappy PT gas mileage with a black back bumper

Last edited:
There is no connector, you'll have to splice in the injectors.
As for question 2, you will need a 3" exhaust and downpipe for the boost

There is no connector, you'll have to splice in the injectors.
As for question 2, you will need a 3" exhaust and downpipe for the boost

no you don't unless higher boosting then this stage 1 sure, but trust me it's not needed, waste of money wouldn't give you anything for the money your going to spend, again not worth it. I had the CT-e setup stage1 then 2 then custom, and did my own turning, was easy, so I know from experience and playing with different setups on the 8th gen on dynos over the years.

and plus the only quality aftermarket is FR that i have found. need to look how the flex and connections are designed to make it last. otherwise you'll be blowing gaskets and rusting like $hit in just a year compared to stock, not to mention fitment issues.

no you don't unless higher boosting then this stage 1 sure, but trust me it's not needed, waste of money wouldn't give you anything for the money your going to spend, again not worth it. I had the CT-e setup stage1 then 2 then custom, and did my own turning, was easy, so I know from experience and playing with different setups on the 8th gen on dynos over the years.

and plus the only quality aftermarket is FR that i have found. need to look how the flex and connections are designed to make it last. otherwise you'll be blowing gaskets and rusting like $hit in just a year compared to stock, not to mention fitment issues.

Just upgrading to a 3" dp and exhuast and a 3.5" PRL CAI results in significant gains in performance and driveability with a good tune. Absolutely not a waste of money.

Yea 3" exhaust is not a waste of money. Way higher flowing than stock. Especially when boosting. Even at stage 1 levels. I've seen it yield 12-20whp over stock. But again. It isn't absolutely necessary.

The injectors usually come with pigtails and you solder them to your harness. Although search I think someone does make a PnP injector clip now. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: 323
Back