Custom Powder Coated Mugen GP Wheels

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I got a great deal on a set of GP wheels. But the previous owner had them poorly coated gloss black. And when they did the prep work on them they blasted part of the gp logo off of one wheel. So they aren't perfect, but as it's not a show car, and for the price I paid for them, I can deal. (Photo of the damage not included here)

Anyway below are photos of the current set up, they are fully covered in Prismatic Powders Alien Silver, with the GP being Illusion Blue, and then fully cleared.

The center caps are being modified to match better. Will update when they are done. But I am not sold on the silver color. I was going for a combo of the metallic flake that is stock on the GPs, the color of the older MF10, and the blue center cap from the MF10. But I am considering having them redone to a more machined like finish. Photo attached for that.

Any and all input appreciated. Rolling shots for fun.

IMG_7537.jpg

IMG_7563.jpg

0701161431.jpg

0701162027.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

Alternate Color Choices.
Polished Aluminum with Black Chrome Clear
db_file_img_18907_1200xauto.jpg
Polished Aluminum with Crystal Clear
db_file_img_19037_1200xauto.jpg

I like the polished aluminum with crystal clear look. Are those legit spoon calipers or just some kind of cover? They look dope either way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Didn't know own those were available for the 9th gen. Gotta look those up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

looks good. but the "Polished Aluminum with Crystal Clear" would look good. nice to see another owner of Mugen GP's :thumbsup:

@hypedupninja - you ever consider running spacers with the GPs? I ran bolt on 15mm ones so the HFP wheels I had would clear the Spoon Calipers.
And these now look a little "sucked in" by comparison. But I can't run the bolt on 15s, the studs wont fit in the GPs back cavities.
What size tires you running on them?

@hypedupninja - you ever consider running spacers with the GPs? I ran bolt on 15mm ones so the HFP wheels I had would clear the Spoon Calipers.
And these now look a little "sucked in" by comparison. But I can't run the bolt on 15s, the studs wont fit in the GPs back cavities.
What size tires you running on them?

i have thought of spacers, but never got any. I have 215/40 zr18 tires

@hypedupninja - Thanks. I thought your setup looked a little different than mine. 225/40 R18
Kind of regretting that size after seeing the setup in person. But too late now. I'll just have to burn the BFGoodrich tires out that much faster.

@hypedupninja - Thanks. I thought your setup looked a little different than mine. 225/40 R18
Kind of regretting that size after seeing the setup in person. But too late now. I'll just have to burn the BFGoodrich tires out that much faster.

you think its too wide?

yeah, just a touch too wide. I have never been a fan of the "meaty" look. But I'm probably just not used to it.
Hoping the performance of the whole setup makes me forget about it. Because it is a really silly thing to get hung up on.

Nah 225/40 is a great tire size. I think they really look good they way they are now. I was surprised at how well the blue went with the red paint. Im partial to the black chrome clear if you must redo them.

Back