De-badging the "Si."

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I was perplexed a few years ago when a golf buddy with a 2003 M5 BMW told me (he was a 63 yrs old retired finance guy) that he had it "M5" de-badged because everyone always wanted to race him. Now I know what he meant.

So, the rear Si badge is just 3m tape and is easy to remove. How about the front? Has anyone removed that one from the grill? I honestly haven't looked into it too deeply, but it doesn't look as easy to remove.

The rear emblem can be removed with the use of dental floss and a hair dryer. You can use goo gone or acetone to remove the adhesive from the paint.

The emblem on the front is probably held on with screws.

Last edited:
The rear emblem can be removed with the use of dental floss and a hair dryer. You can use goo gone or acetone to remove the adhesive from the paint.

The emblem on the front is probably held on with screws.
Thanks. I de-badged the "Civic"with a thin wood shim from Home Depot. Left no marks and took all the 3m tape off for anyone else who may want to try it. THe front one sounds like a pita.

Thanks. I de-badged the "Civic"with a thin wood shim from Home Depot. Left no marks and took all the 3m tape off for anyone else who may want to try it. THe front one sounds like a pita.
Being one that would agree with you, had I not taken the front of mine off......... It's just too easy not to. Take all the buttons and screws off and pull........ It would help to look at a vid that shows you how....... and mark the buttons from where they come out, so you can put them back in the same hole(they're all the same size.... Just a lot of holes with nothing in them).

Also you might want to install a screen while it's off, which is the reason I took mine off.

This is the vid that convinced me to remove mine....... piece of cake...... Thx to Webby for finding this.

1st vid here
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-hid-retrofit-headlight-installation.2531/

Last edited:
While I agree with removing the badge cause it looks "cleaner" I don't think it's going to help with people wanting to race. I have a base model with just that tiny lip spoiler on the trunk lid and people rev at me allllll the time.

Ricers have ingrained in everyones head that any civic is a race car and any person driving one will race.

Ricers or immature drivers are more attracted to aftermarket wheels as well or anything with sound. Lol.

Shiny and de-badged. I haven't done the SI yet. I am not quite sure if I want to remove it. I removed all badges off my STI, but part of me still wants the SI badge....

null_zps3b685840.jpg

Back