DIY Door Piping

haha, yeah i know, i've been reluctant because i've been unsure really what to get. I think this stuff will be around tho, unlike the hazard button, i lagged too long on that, and missed out, cant find it anymore.
i got mine on ebay. straight from Japan just a week ago :)

Piping8.jpg mats 9   .JPG

That last photo shows the royal blue compared to the turquoise blue of the Civic mats I have.

Attachments

• mats 16   .JPG
    mats 16 .JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 131
anyone know how to get the section on the dash under passenger airbag?

The only thing that bothered me was when you cut the end it looks a bit square and there is a small hole at the end in the oval part. This needs to have something the same color put inside. I will post pics of what I mean tonight.
This bothered me too.
I ended up cutting a small piece and tried a few things.This is what I came up with.
I trimmed a small scrap piece(notice the smaller piece to the right)
pipe1.jpg
Then put it in the open end and pinched end together with some pliers. Then carefully heated the end up with a soldering iron.
pipe2.jpg
The end product.
pipe3.jpg
I may try some super glue when I get more time.

Last edited:
This bothered me too.
I ended up cutting a small piece and tried a few things.This is what I came up with.
I trimmed a small scrap piece(notice the smaller piece to the right)
Then put it in the open end and pinched end together with some pliers. Then carefully heated the end up with a soldering iron.
I may try some super glue when I get more time.

Good idea!

corey99699
Get the trim tool from college hills Honda....costs about 8 bucks. It's basically a very strong, fine tip, (but rounded so not to cut) tool to help you pry between the 2 pieces of plastic. I was able to find a similar tool in the cutlery drawer. (teaspoon measurer). I used 1 to pry plastic open and 2nd an inch or so away from the first to keep a little space. Even with the tools, you have to be patient. The pipping is tight and takes a bit of work to get in properly.
View attachment 9337View attachment 9338View attachment 9339View attachment 9340
link to this tool?

Back