Dragon Chat, Pics and Videos thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we can do stock ff and fr "slow" night runs. I will need tires before then and I will at least have 225s, if not 235s.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

The BRZ (or WRX if I have it) will need tires also, the stock Michelins on the BRZ aren't really a performance tire, they're meant to give way a bit sooner to the driver can actually "drive" it at the limit, but I think some Pilot super sports will be in store, to make a great handling car even better. The WRX would get the same tires also, as the conti DWS I have on there now are great for an all season but won't last this summer.

I think there was a post somewhere that the tires on the FR-S are the same ones that come on the Prius. I don't know about the BRZ .
From Fr-S forum:

5. It Uses Prius Tires
Yes, we didn't believe it either, but the FR-S uses the same 215/45-R17 Michelin Primacy rubber that's optional on the Prius. In our first drive of the Toyota 86 we reported that the tires were the same size as those from the Prius option package, but we didn't think it possible that the much-hyped Toyota sports car would use the exact rubber as found on the efficiency-focused Prius.
Well, it does.

Tada-san insists that the FR-S's rubber doesn't share just a name with the tires on the FR-S. Rather, it's actually the exact same tire utilizing the same construction and compound as the optional Prius rubber.

They didn't want the car to rely on absolute grip to get around corners, rather actual driver skill (throttle control, steering inputs, smoothness), that's another reason why many of the turbo awd fanbois are loathing this car, it doesn't mask poor driver skill :D

Thats what I like about the e30. FR. It definitely takes more concentration to drive fast. The only drivers aid is abs. Traction control is your right foot. Not that there is enough power to need it. I dont know about needing more ability, but I do ok in the e30. Speaking of throttle response. I am thinking of doing a maf conversion on it. It wouldnt be much of a power increase, but would improve throttle response.

The Si is so easy to drive fast, because if you go in a corner too fast it will understeer. Too much throttle mid corner, understeer. I would think awd would be similar.

E30, FA5

E30, FA5

I know this event is planned thursday the 13th - sunday the 16th...... what time/day do people usually arrive? Most getting there thurs evening?

Cool. I'm trying to decide what day to leave, what days to book a room for... Ill probably try and get there wednesday afternoon or early evening then.

Anything in particular we need to mention to Fontana when booking or just that we are coming for the 9th civic event?

They didn't want the car to rely on absolute grip to get around corners, rather actual driver skill (throttle control, steering inputs, smoothness), that's another reason why many of the turbo awd fanbois are loathing this car, it doesn't mask poor driver skill :D

I am trying to decide on whether I should change my tire size. Do you think there was enough grip with the 205 pizza cutters on the e30? I am looking for some opinions, because I have three sets of wheels and tires for it. I am currently testing the waters about selling them. The ones I like the best are the only ones ppl have shown interest in. I can link to the wheels in the other thread. I just know ppl in this thread care about handling, and have seen the car in action.

E30, FA5

I know this event is planned thursday the 13th - sunday the 16th...... what time/day do people usually arrive? Most getting there thurs evening?

For last years meet with the other site I got there Fri :( I ususally tend to get the on Thurs. around noonish. No clue for this one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back