Driver side back lights aren't working, already replaced brake bulb also a tpms question

Classic_colleen85

Hi, I have a 2012 Honda Civic LX. First the driver side brake light went out, changed the bulb, nothing then reverse light went out & now the whole light is out. Third light & passengers side works fine. What the hell is wrong? Just the fuse? It's weird how everything went out in like a domino effect instead of all at once.

Also my tpms is broken or needs to be reset or just needs to be taken out completely I dunno. It's been telling me to check it for awhile now but all tires were at 30 PSI every time I'd go to the air pump. I've read/watched videos on how to reset the tpms but my car seems to be lacking this option so it's making me wonder if my sensors are busted.

Thanks for any help

If it were a fuse, both brake lights would be out instead of the one side. Do you own a multimeter? You need someone to press on the brake pedal while checking to see if you’re getting 12v at the socket. You can have someone put it in reverse and hit the turn signal to check those as well. If you’re not getting power, you’ll need to check the wiring going back as well as the grounds.

As for the tpms, you may have a battery in one of them that’s low or dead if your pressure is good and it’s still throwing an error. You do need to drive it up to say 45mph+ or something to get it to read after the air pressure is correct. If you’ve just been driving around the city at slow speeds, you need to get out on the highway.

Back