drivers seat makes noise.

Janz3n

Gibsons BC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
ive had this issue since i bought the car but have been ignoring it since. the lumbar support makes a noise and feels very notchy. ive taken the back apart and lubed the moving parts but it has never helped. any one else have this issue? any fixes?

I have a similar issue where it feels like the lumbar support will "pop". Very intermittent, but every now and again I'll feel it

Let me know how it works out.. looks like mine is just making the movement without the noise just yet

Same pop for me too. I've seen that fix and then completely forgot about it. Looking forward to seeing if this will do it.

I'll find some time at lunch tomorrow to look at it. It's getting worse every year and it's one of the biggest things I hate about the car.

Now that I'm really paying attention, it popped on me maybe 3 or 4 times on the short 20min ride home yesterday

Now that I'm really paying attention, it popped on me maybe 3 or 4 times on the short 20min ride home yesterday
yeah, mine is super annoying. it pops any time i move a little. gonna feel like a new car if i can fix this.

So this is what I came up with. Had to slightly heat up the shrink tube to get it over the bend then completely shrunk it. Put it back on and it helped but not 100% it's always looked and felt like the hinge where the rod goes on is the issue. I applied white lithium grease to the hinge and I'd say it's 85% better. I can still feel the hinge isn't smooth when I put weight on it but it's pretty good.

I put grease on it a few years ago with very little results. Hopefully this fix lasts a little longer. I'll update after my drive home to see how well it works.

20210604_115756.jpg20210604_120022.jpg

Is there a split in the tube right there? The guy tried electrical tape on top of his to add another layer, and I feel like that’s a critical spot where it could rub and hit the metal?

EA04FEE0-4DE0-4113-A5A4-58380F276576.jpeg

its not a split, just a fold. yeah i saw that he added that. i just backed it out of the shop just now and it seems to have gotten a lot better. im not sure electrical tape is necessary.

Well. Got almost all the way home and totally forgot about the seat because it didn't pop or feel notch when I moved. Seems like its fixed.

Back