Driving skill videos thread

Here's one from the good old days...

GILLES Villeneuve at the 1981 Spanish GP in Jarama...held off 5 different cars for over half the race driving a Ferrari truck with a monster turbomotor. Remember? actual clutche pedals, gear shift levers,2500 shifts per race, no buttons on steering wheel, no radios and no "cool" helmets!
Too bad there's not better video but that was then.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvv-EuuXaCQ

I was at Watkins Glen in 1979 when in Friday's practice, in pouring rain, Gilles was 11 seconds (that's ELEVEN) faster than the guy in P2...just crowned WC Jody Sheckter!
-Jacques

Here's one from the good old days...

GILLES Villeneuve at the 1981 Spanish GP in Jarama...held off 5 different cars for over half the race driving a Ferrari truck with a monster turbomotor. Remember? actual clutche pedals, gear shift levers,2500 shifts per race, no buttons on steering wheel, no radios and no "cool" helmets!
Too bad there's not better video but that was then.

I was at Watkins Glen in 1979 when in Friday's practice, in pouring rain, Gilles was 11 seconds (that's ELEVEN) faster than the guy in P2...just crowned WC Jody Sheckter!
-Jacques

That's some amazing driving. The track is very nice as well, designed by the creator of Suzuka and Hockenheim (John Hugenholtz). Never saw a live F1 race on that track sadly...

I cannot wait for the new F1 seasons to start :)

That's some amazing driving. The track is very nice as well, designed by the creator of Suzuka and Hockenheim (John Hugenholtz). Never saw a live F1 race on that track sadly...

I cannot wait for the new F1 seasons to start :)

I didn't know it was the same guy who designed those tracks!
Yes, can't wait for the new season...it should be incredible!
-Jacques

Oh, you liked Jarama? Just in case you do not know about Dijon, here it is. A historic race...a french car with a french engine winning the French GP for the first time and IT'S first time ever as well. Unfortunately that day, 2nd place stole the show!
There's slo-mo replay at the end of the video, watch till the end.
Probably the best ever duel in F1 history, bar none!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nxwn3OHkEw

I didn't know it was the same guy who designed those tracks!
Yes, can't wait for the new season...it should be incredible!
-Jacques

Oh, you liked Jarama? Just in case you do not know about Dijon, here it is. A historic race...a french car with a french engine winning the French GP for the first time and IT'S first time ever as well. Unfortunately that day, 2nd place stole the show!
There's slo-mo replay at the end of the video, watch till the end.
Probably the best ever duel in F1 history, bar none!
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nxwn3OHkEw

Wow, at 1:30 multiple wheel to wheel and wheel to body contacts an insane lap for sure. Very nice post! The cars back then were also quite the beasts, one of my favourites was the Lotus 79 not that the RS10 was not another amazing car. Cars also had the manual transmission five speed back then.

Here is a video i stumbled upon that shows how driving an 1976 F1 car is. I love how the cars were raw, MT and no aids at all :)

What's up with the tach? For a while I was wondering if it was a boost gauge the way it kept dying lol.

Back