DRL Removal

PhillySunburstFG4

Hey guys, I was wondering if any if you here know if it's possible to remove the DRL/highbeams without removing the bumper/headlights? Please let me know. Thank you.

I just finished replacing my bulbs on my Si. Here is how you do it:

Fogs: These are the easiest. Two phillips head screws and then pull out light assembly.

High beams: Also, pretty easy. On the driver side, remove the battery tie down and tilt the battery back so you have room to get your hand on the bulb. You don't need to disconnect the battery.

Low beams: These are a pain in the a$$. Hopefully you still have your battery loose because you won't be able to remove the bulb any other way. On the passenger side, pop off the plastic clip holding the windshield wiper fluid tank. Next, pull up on the neck of the washer tank. It will pop off. That will give you enough room to access the bulb.

I hope this helps someone. With me searching the web, I found bits and pieces of this info on several different threads and websites. Knowing all of this, it should only take 15 to 20 minutes to replace all of the bulbs.

If it was me I'd just take the bumper off, it's just to easy not to.

Where are you seeing a screw? It should just be a matter of turning the base of the bulb and pulling it out.

Are you trying to remove the bulb to change it or do you just want the DRL off?

I've changed mine and its just a matter of twisting the base and pulling it out. Could it be that you're looking at the screws that take the assembly off of the base? You shouldn't need to unscrew anything to remove the bulb.

Thanks gents the screws threw me off lol. got them out no problem with a twist. waiting for decoders to arrive so i can put them in casue i'm getting "check DRL system" messege now on my i-MID. When I get everything done pics will be up!

You're putting LED bulbs in the highs? You're aware that you'll basically have no high beams now?

Back