Drop-in Cam

Mechanically i cant see why it wouldn't. Other than a few minor things I can't see Honda having made huge changes to the base casting for the head between generations. I'd say as long as the cam sits properly in the cam bearing and you can get the timing chain on it should run. I'm also assuming you have flashpro?

I remember reading somewhere on here the only changes made to the R18 engine was like mounting locations(i think), core support, and the cam lobe sizes were changed..lets see what 420coupe has to say I'm sure he has some type of informative answer

They are inverted between 8thgen and 9thgen. 8thgen are always on high cam and only enter IVTEC for eco mode. 9thgen is the opposite always on low cam and only enter high when requesting power, and 9thgens has a true VTEC unlike the 8thgens.

The part and operation would work the same would just need a tuner who knew what he was doing as they would have to basically reverse the entire maps to operate more closely to 8thgens. As you would now have inverted the cam operating lobes aka go to Vit.

Also never had custom cams made Yuri Tulchin is a ******* scam artist piece of ****.

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

ah, so you were going to have them made, and they ended up being scammers... thanks for dropping knowledge.

I'll have custom cams available for purchase shortly. Just got to have the head port n polished and bench flowed to see what lift and duration we'll need.

IG | 420Coupe

They are inverted between 8thgen and 9thgen. 8thgen are always on high cam and only enter IVTEC for eco mode. 9thgen is the opposite always on low cam and only enter high when requesting power, and 9thgens has a true VTEC unlike the 8thgens.

@420Coupe - wow I learned something new! I always thought the 8th and 9th vtec were the same since there weren't many information on the 9th. For a stock 9th R18 engine, is that eco vtec range also between 1000 - 3500 RPM?

FYI to everyone: somebody put a light indicator for whenever the engine decides to go on/off vtec for the R18 engine.
There's some very interested information regarding when the i-vtec engages.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-vtec-hypermiling-22122.html

@420Coupe - wow I learned something new! I always thought the 8th and 9th vtec were the same since there weren't many information on the 9th. For a stock 9th R18 engine, is that eco vtec range also between 1000 - 3500 RPM?

FYI to everyone: somebody put a light indicator for whenever the engine decides to go on/off vtec for the R18 engine.
There's some very interested information regarding when the i-vtec engages.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-vtec-hypermiling-22122.html

For the 9thgen it's always in eco and the IVTEC works the opposite when it's inside of power request parameters. Like I said 9thgens have a true VTEC where it's for performance.

8thgen VTEC parameters must be met for it to go into eco mode which include the 1000-3500 requirements as well as throttle position etc

They basically have the lobes inverted where one is 8th- Eco lobe (iVTEC) / performance lobe. The other being 9th- performance lobe (iVTEC) / Eco lobe. Meaning the IVTEC lobes only activate under set parameters/requirements.

IG | 420Coupe

Back