8th Gen Early Spring 2014 Dragon Run?

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
What do you guys think? Anyone up for a quick weekend blast?

End of March and April looks like about the time the weather starts staying above 40.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/28733

I haven't seen any events listed on fontana villages' event calendar yet. Might be a fairly wide open time to head down. Anyone who is more familiar with the weather in this region let me know if this is just a bad time.

Should be ok. Though having said that weather in the Carolina's will have you wearing flip flops one day and a winter coat the next. The first or 2nd week in April should be your best bet for warm but not blazing weather.

Reactions: Nix
Hopefully work and funds allow this. Love taking my car up Caesars head hwy and I'm sure the dragon would be much more fun.

Yeah, it was the most fun driving I've ever had. There was really nothing in upstate NY where I used to live. We moved to Louisville in October and I've been trying to scout other good drives that aren't too far from here. It's like a 5hr drive from Louisville to the dragon. Also since I dropped the link to this section over on 8thcivic in their dead dragon section I decided to make this thread to get some attention.

i've always wanted to drive the dragon. my dad has done it twice with his motorcycle and said its a blast.

At least twice! I live within easy weekend striking distance. Besides i'm easily one of the slowest ones so I definitely need some extra practice! hahaha.

Actually I think @squiggy is only a couple hours away from me... so he and @SpiderGirl should totally make the drive down to here on a Friday, head over to the dragon on saturday morning. If we leave by 7 we can get there at noon-ish. Get lunch, drive a few hours, have a nice dinner, and drive a bunch sunday before heading back. Obv. best case scenario would be to take off Monday from work or Friday and head down Thursday evening.

Do want! Not sure how much traveling, etc we'll be doing at the start of the year though. Hawaii is coming up on Feb. 5th. Could be going skiing in March >_<
All depends on hubby's work situation, etc

Actually I think @squiggy is only a couple hours away from me... so he and @SpiderGirl should totally make the drive down to here on a Friday, head over to the dragon on saturday morning. If we leave by 7 we can get there at noon-ish. Get lunch, drive a few hours, have a nice dinner, and drive a bunch sunday before heading back. Obv. best case scenario would be to take off Monday from work or Friday and head down Thursday evening.
We would definitely be up for a long weekend in the spring to do this!

If i could visit my uncle in NC for spring break, i could totally try and stop by the dragon on the way!

Back