Eddie Blanco's Pepper

So....I just got schooled by a friend at work. My car apparently gets texts. She's right! And yes I need gas

image.jpg

Last edited:

I have an Iphone 5, go to settings then notifications. You need to allow your texts to be viewed in the lock screen. In your car hit the button that says phone and scroll down to texts. It will ask you if you want it to allow texts to be read on the I-mid. Hit yes and bam!

Reactions: raf
raf...I wonder if some of the 12's that were made at the end of the year have this feature. Maybe someone can try and chime in?

Last edited:
I think it works on all 2012 I-Mids with Blutooth technology.

I wonder if I was missing out on this the entire time I had the 12...BUmmer. It's kind of funny cause Siri reads them to you literally, she says the emoticons too, like "smiley face sticking tongue out". lol

Mine has the text feature but sadly my galaxy s3 is one of those phones that don't support the text feature on my car :(

I personally have an S3 as well and my texts come through just fine. The only thing that doesn't work for our phones is the ability to reply back, for some reason it just repeats what was texted to you. I have a '13 Si sedan.

I wonder if I was missing out on this the entire time I had the 12...BUmmer. It's kind of funny cause Siri reads them to you literally, she says the emoticons too, like "smiley face sticking tongue out". lol

You were missing out. My 12 works perfect with a Windows Phone Nokia 928 and before that a 822. I almost cr@pped myself doing 85 up the 241 and my music muted and it said (volume was way too high) "message from babydoll" (phonebook name for my wife) Replies work good too.

Kirk

I'm sitting in my '12 right now and it definitely does not have texting. Pretty sure that's exclusive to the '13.

You mean Siri talking through Bluetooth? That's not a function of iMid, that's just a function of Bluetooth.

You mean Siri talking through Bluetooth? That's not a function of iMid, that's just a function of Bluetooth.

Not Siri, I don't use an I-phone. If you read my post above, I never claimed it to be an iMid function of '12's, I explained that the '12 supports spoken txt messages. And it's not just a "function of Bluetooth " I have other head units including last years top of the line Alpine navi dvd double din (in my LX-470) Also had an App Radio 2 in my WRX and none of my three phones spoke or notified you of txt messages with either head unit. It's Honda's implementation of hands free Bluetooth that does it. I also did not get spoken txts with a 2011 Toyota Camry SE w/ premium sound w/ Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Back