engine or trans mount noise when shifted

insatiable ONE

Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Sounded like a strut bottomed out. You know the WHAM!!! On the right front. Figured it to be a mount noise?
Was grabbing a gear to get around one of these snowbirds here going the usual 35mph in a 50, for miles.
Off the light, grabbed second then bam...WTF...

Need a subframe brace?

typically that's a blown passenger side mount if it makes a "gluck gluck" noise on pumps and stuff, simple replacement with some long extensions and a pivot for your ratchet.

but it's hard to diagnose over a forum reading text so please don't replace the mount based on my reply.

Reactions: Nix
Take it to the dealership. You're still under warranty...right?

yes SI

its brand new under 1000 miles............ heard it twice, one around a corner, then the one above happened on a dip in the road both seemed to be on a little bit of a twist maybe?
Just whenever I have heard a pop like that on prior customer cars it was never good.

I don't have a lift anymore. Working on the floor in my new house is a pain.
I just wanted to see if this has happened before.

I think I have that as well but not sure if it's the same severity or issue. Is it kind of like a slight pop?
My senior at work who drives a 98' corolla said it might just be the stiffness in the spring metals of the clutch that might be making that sound.
When it softens it will go away...
For me, the sound seemed to have dampened

You could just need a bolt tightened. I had a similar experience where anytime I cranked the wheel all the way when backing out of a parking spot. You'd get a loud pop/bang. They put it on the lift and tightened all the front suspension bolts. Never popped again after that. Said it was probably shifting under load.

I might need to take it in to get a check up.

It was not clutch but from the front right pillar area.

Back