ericc191's 2013 TW Si Sedan *7/9/14 Update*

Let me know how the hids go with the yellow overlays, I've been thinking about going that route but idk if it's too much yellow that it won't be bright but more dark yellow lol

Let me know how the hids go with the yellow overlays, I've been thinking about going that route but idk if it's too much yellow that it won't be bright but more dark yellow lol

Yeah I should have them next week. Will post a ton of pics. And thanks everyone for the compliments on the deflector!
u6y7aqaj.jpg

It really is good, but dos tends to be my usual beer of choice.

And it's nice how buying a lot of cheap exterior mods really makes a car stand out..especially when you are tight on money like me right now lol. ..power mods and bronze wheels eventually!

Reactions: Nix
Two part post of the HID Fog install for those interested. Here are numerous pics of the installation procedure. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I did order a relay harness, but you supposedly can go without it if you order a 35W kit. I ordered a 35W 3000K Yellow kit, but wanted to play it extra safe and got the relay harness as well.

Bumper removed. Incredibly easy..

Getting all the wiring ready and make sure the relay fuse is easily accessible..

Negative ground on the driver's side

As you can see, it's a great spot and right underneath the second horn

See that little cubby hole? It's on both sides and literally an exact fit for the slim ballast kit from DDM Tuning! Slid right in.. unfortunately I forgot to grab a picture of that, sorry.

Testing the lights.. powerful! And that's with the yellow tint overlay in the middle of the afternoon. It would be brighter without the overlay on, however not as saturated yellow.. something to consider when installing yours.

My friend's beautiful Stage 1 STi. A really nice and humble guy with a great family. It's so much more fun doing these kinds of mods with good friends! He wanted me to troll you guys and say I sold my Si for that.. but nah I love my Taffy Baby!

Photo shoot on next post!

I'm just going to go all out and post most of the pictures I took. It will help for anyone wanting a really good idea of what they can expect with this HID kit. I apologize to any 56Kers still out there! Video of the HID's warming up coming..

Daytime:

Nighttime:

Warming Up - Green

Warmed Up - Yellow

I'll get you the link when I get home. It's on college hills honda for around 133. For a 13 sedan..and yes..oh so sexy lol. No other civics in my area have it

I forgot to mention, it is a '13 model from Canada. Not in America yet. If you order the '12, it won't align properly.

How hard was the hid headlight install?. Ive done a few before , but not sure if anything is in the way of the bulbs. Its raining and I dont want to go out there to look.

How hard was the hid headlight install?. Ive done a few before , but not sure if anything is in the way of the bulbs. Its raining and I dont want to go out there to look.

I only did the hid fogs so far. They were pretty much plug and play after removing the bumper. The plastic housing around the fog lights needed to be cut just a bit, but that's it.

I'll be doing 6K headlight HIDs soon and will post a ton of install pics for it. I just hope it's not an issue with the stock housing.

Back