"Exhaust" and "Intake" feedback are welcome...

Yanimoe

Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Just ordered (from PRO Civic) the following items for my 2013 Civic Si Sedan to replace original parts: Injen Cold Air Intake; Skunk 2 Alpha Series Header; and Invidia N1 Exhaust System. Looking forward for a better exhaust "sound" and to maximize current HP numbers. Parts should arrive in a week or two, so any feedback related to installation issues or concerns I should be aware of please feel free to discuss. I'll appreciated all the help I can get. :rockwoot:

While these aren't the exact brand parts you purchased, they may be of some help.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/how-to-install-a-rv6-2012-civic-si-bellmouth-downpipe.5727/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/f...n-on-si-sedan-56k-3g-beware-many-photos.5173/

You're going to notice a huge change in your car. Did you get a catless downpipe, or one with a high flow cat? The next big change would be to go with flashpro and have vitviper do a tune. People have said it's night and day after the mods you're doing.

The Injen comes with detailed instructions with pictures on every step, so installation is easy.

The exhaust is easy as well, unbolt the old, bolt on the new. The only hard thing is the bolts connecting the stock exhaust to the stock downpipe are really tough, so make sure you have something you can use as a breaker bar for more leverage. Or maybe you can take out the stock exhaust and downpipe in one piece?
Also, wd-40 or something equivalent for getting the exhaust out of the rubber hangers and putting the new one in.

The downpipe will take a while, primarily because it's hard to get to, but with patience it'll go well.

What webby said is very helpful. I followed that DIY when installing my downpipe even tho it was a different brand.

You'll definitely feel a great power increase if you put on all the parts at once. But flashpro with a tune is going to make a world of difference on top of that.

You'll definitely feel a great power increase if you put on all the parts at once. But flashpro with a tune is going to make a world of difference on top of that.
:1: I've just added a K&N sri and an RV6 down pipe... lost a lot of torque down low where I like it. Just starting tuning with VitViper and already I'm happier.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken he says he ordered a skunk2 alpha series header. Isnt that for an 8th gen K20?
Might wanna look into that. He's gonna have to send it back and choose a downpipe.....

While these aren't the exact brand parts you purchased, they may be of some help.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/how-to-install-a-rv6-2012-civic-si-bellmouth-downpipe.5727/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/f...n-on-si-sedan-56k-3g-beware-many-photos.5173/

You're going to notice a huge change in your car. Did you get a catless downpipe, or one with a high flow cat? The next big change would be to go with flashpro and have vitviper do a tune. People have said it's night and day after the mods you're doing.

I do appreciate this,Webby. The more info I get the better prepared I would be in getting it done. I have no replacement for the cat but I thought in buying one, but later decided to leave it out for now. I'm on my mobile now but tomorrow morning I will definitely post, then in here for everyone's view. Thanks again!

As promised, here are the pics of the items I purchased from PRO Civic, which include the "Injen Cold Air Intake", two pics of the "Skunk 2 Alpha Series Header", and finally the "Invidia N1 Exhaust System".

Thank you guys for all the feedback. I would definitely waste no time in getting these items installed, once delivered to me. I'm planning in having my older son DG to take pictures of the whole process, including "before & after" short recordings of both sounds, the actual factory installed exhaust system and the Invidia.20215_303___9th Si Polished.jpg

27505_2126___12 Si Image 2.jpg27505_2126___12 Si Image 1.jpg26945_2161___2012 Civic N1 Invidia Titanium Tip.jpg

Last edited:
Got all my parts (shown above) last Thursday, so I'm doing this project today with the help of my older (11 years old) son Dennis Gabriel.

I'm planning in taking "before" and "after" pics to share this experience with everyone here, and for future reference for anyone who may need it.

Thanks to "Mongoose221" who provided excellent pics and detailed information with his similar project that would definitely help me with mine today!

Wish me luck guys, until then...

The installation was completed, except the "Injen Cold Air Intake", since we finished late doing the whole exhaust alone. I got some pics that I will post later today. It sounds awesome and pretty darn loud but when attaching the "silencer" it drops to a more reasonable sound.

You know what's funny, I had some issues in removing the upper "oxygen sensor" that goes right on top of the manifold (the one to be replaced with the header) because it came with a factory installed "metal cone" look alike cover over it, which made it impossible for me to fit the proper wrench and get it unscrewed. However, my 12 year old Dennis Gabriel came up with an idea to get it out that really took me by surprise and that shocked me, coming from a 12 year old boy, and something I wasn't thinking about in doing, even with my "40 plus" years of auto mechanic experience. His idea worked great, which require me to split the metal cone in two halves and spread it out just sufficient to have the wrench fit over the oxygen sensor to get it unscrewed.

Anyway, some time late today or tomorrow I will post the pics, and possibly two short videos I got for "before" and "after" sound comparison.

Thank you to everyone that had followed me through this, I really appreciated your support... :vtec:

Last edited:
You can pick up a specific o2 sensor socket from an auto parts store for only a few bucks

+ 1 most will let you borrow one with some money down, money returned once part is returned

In for pics, I would like to do this install myself but I hate having to remove the windshield wiper assembly. Other than that it should be a piece of cake.

Back