Exhaust resonator

MBono

I've searched, can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone tell me what size the stock piping is entering and exiting the exhaust resonator?

I'm looking swap out the stock exhaust resonator with a Dynomax Bullet. I did it on my '12 SI and can't remember the size.

Thank

I'm sure someone will chime in with the right answer but its possible to figure out with a piece of string/marker/tape measure and math!

Wrap the string around the piping and mark where the string overlaps itself thus making ONE complete wrap. That length would be your circumference of the O.D. Then plug that value into C=d*3.14 where C is your circumference and d is the diameter of the piping, solve for d. There still will be the matter of subtracting the "thickness of the pipe walls" or y, to get your I.D. from the d value. d-(2*y)= I.D.

Just a way to figure it out if the internet fails you. Your brain never will:thumbsup:

Lol! All good just an option I figured I would share. Being an aspiring engineer and a math wiz that comes second nature to me. If you don't get an answer by the next few days I'll be off and figure it out using the method myself when I tinker.

My head hurts just reading that.
with less letters maybe?
c/d=3.14

or
length of string you measure around the pipe (c)
divided by diameter (what you're asking) = 3.14

so if the string goes around and measures 9"

9/d = 3.14

=2.866" diameter pipe.

someone go measure around the pipe and the math is 2 seconds

By golly I THINK HE HAS IT! Good example webby

Edit: d=c/3.14 would be easiest I think to notate it as but it's all the same

Good thing I didn't listen to this guy ^^^ Haha

So @webby if it's 2.866, the only option would be a 2.75, and have them expand the inlet and outlet of the new resonator to snug it up over. Correct?

I totally just made that number up. I don't know what the outer/inner diameter is on the pipe. Something like 2.5 inches

no one can take 5 seconds and wrap something around their exhaust pipe?

I would, but I'm watching The Carbonaro Effect. I'm just surprised no one knows this yet.

I would if I wasn't crawling in wet grass to do it in the dark. But I half agree this info should be available you'd think.

8th gen si -
"the axle back is 2.5" OD.. how ever the rest of the exhaust is 2"

I'd wager the 9th is prob the same

Stock exhaust size on a 2012-2013 is 60mm or 2.37" and for 2014-2015 is 64mm or 2.5". :wink1:

Back