Exhaust

C_Tizzle

I am in the market for an exhaust for my Civic 2013 EX. What is the best exhaust without the loud crackling, obnoxious, high pitch sound? I'm looking for something deep but not too loud. I like how the WRX sounds so something in that range and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mph
Thanks that's a lot of info. I probably should compare apples to apples with the sound bytes rather than an SI since it is a different engine though.

Unfortunately, there are only a few companies making exhausts available for the r18 engine. There are users here who have them & have done sound clips.

With the limited market for R18 parts I would suggest you look up a local exhaust shop and have a custom system made for you. It sounds scary and I know people like bolt on parts that come in a big box from "super racing parts .com"

Seriously though, the custom route is the way to go especially if you don't want loud and obnoxious. I highly suggest looking into Vibrant components and having a shop build a system around those. A good resonator and muffler can create a nice tone without being ricey. A 2.5" system should work very well on your car. Just be sure the shop has a mandrel pipe bender and doesn't do crush bends.

Vibrant used to make a system for the R18 but it didn't sell well enough so they discontinued it. However, a quick email and they can tell you what parts you need to recreate it. Since the mid pipe is different between coupe/sedan, a bit of custom work is needed anyways. There are a couple R18 systems available already. They are usually quite loud.

Reactions: mph
Have you looked into the tsudo catback for the r18? I haven't gotten my hands on one yet but the clips I saw for the exhaust I was sold. I'm planning on replacing my AFE Takeda axle back with the tsudo cat back.

Last edited:
I've contemplated the tsudo for my 15 ex coupe. Problem is I'm skeptical about the hangers and all syncing up since the only ones I can find are for 12-13 coupes. The struggle is real...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've contemplated the tsudo for my 15 ex coupe. Problem is I'm skeptical about the hangers and all syncing up since the only ones I can find are for 12-13 coupes. The struggle is real...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The tsudo I just got seemed to install just fine and it was pretty quick. I had a shop do it for me since I didn't have a jack to get my car up.

Tsudo's are fine, but they'll rust to **** pretty quickly. Some recommend spraying them with a high temp clear coat. There's a reason they're cheaper than most.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tsudo's are fine, but they'll rust to **** pretty quickly. Some recommend spraying them with a high temp clear coat. There's a reason they're cheaper than most.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well I did not know that. I'll have to look into that and see about spraying it with some of that high temp clear coat. I don't want it rusting on me later and have to buy another exhaust or have it fixed for rust.

It's not just theirs. There are people on other forums who have exhausts over a grand made of 304 stainless steel rusting. They all suggest coat them, or eventually using various grades of steel wool and metal polish.

It's not just theirs. There are people on other forums who have exhausts over a grand made of 304 stainless steel rusting. They all suggest coat them, or eventually using various grades of steel wool and metal polish.

Ah I see. This is my first aftermarket catback exhaust I've purchased so I wasn't aware of that.

here is an example of 304 stainless before/after

8FYGoUb.jpg

here is an example of 304 stainless before/after

8FYGoUb.jpg

Wow that's such a big difference. I definitely don't want that and considering I live in Washington there is going to be plenty of chance for rust to occur on my exhaust.

Buy a nice tip and take it to a local muffler shop and have them cut out the muffler and weld in a straight pipe. Leave the resonator in.

Back