Feeling good about this Purchase!

That does suck, have you tried rubbing any compound on the bumper to get the paint marks from the other car off? I brake checked someone and got rear ended a few months ago and did some of my own work and got the bumper back to almost new and yours doesn't seem too far from what I had. Just a thought

Before and after

Attachments

• 20160317_180422.jpg
    20160317_180422.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20160317_180429.jpg
    20160317_180429.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 20160317_225815.jpg
    20160317_225815.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
That does suck, have you tried rubbing any compound on the bumper to get the paint marks from the other car off? I brake checked someone and got rear ended a few months ago and did some of my own work and got the bumper back to almost new and yours doesn't seem too far from what I had. Just a thought

Before and after
That was a great suggestion, I haven't tried it but I'll try that after work today... Is there a certain brand u work w/?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, not too abrasive and cutting but multiple applications can dig some scratches out. I clay bar'd out some of the light paint transfer then compounded the rest. Needs wax often to stay great looking but I use all those products for everyday use and was free so why not. Beats insurance claim/500$ for a new bumper/paint.

I did have to use fiber glass to fix some mounting spots on the bumper that broke but I can help there too if you see it's to that point of repair and feel it's worth doing.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, not too abrasive and cutting but multiple applications can dig some scratches out. I clay bar'd out some of the light paint transfer then compounded the rest. Needs wax often to stay great looking but I use all those products for everyday use and was free so why not. Beats insurance claim/500$ for a new bumper/paint.

I did have to use fiber glass to fix some mounting spots on the bumper that broke but I can help there too if you see it's to that point of repair and feel it's worth doing.
Great help dude I appreciate, I'll take a closer pic of the damage I'm pretty sure I'll have to do your fiber glass suggestion... Where can I get a clay bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back