Few bolt-on questions...

Slammed _EM1

What's up guys.... I have read and searched a lot but still haven't gotten a good enough answer...

ik looking to go for an mild n/a build with this car and also keep it a nice/reliable daily. Mods I wanna do for now until they come out with some cams for this car was:

Flashpro
Prl CAI
Full race downpipe
Full race exhaust
Rbc manifold

Now my questions are this:

I got offered an Ultimate Racing downpipe for a good price, can I put it with the full race exhaust? I don't want the car loud at I want it quiet/comfortalble daily but sounding nice at WOT

One of my friends offered me to do a ported rbc mani and custom 3.5" CAI. Should i do this over the Prl CAI?

Any other mods I can do? I'm trying to get the most out of this setup until they come out with cams for the car...Thanks in advance

The downpipes and catbacks are interchangeable without any issue. They'll bolt right up regardless of brand. Mix and match however you want. I'd also stick with the prl intake.

:1: @webby

Haven't heard of anyone with issues of mixing and matching.

As far as intakes go, from what I've read the PRL cold/SRI are the best performance intake. Not to say a custom one wont do good (as I'm making a custom scoop for the factory air box with a resonator delete) but it's never known what the outcome will be till it's completed. That's with anything done. Others with hands on experience can chime in better but I don't think there's much better options for performance than PRL. (from research)

There is a bit of a tradeoff with the RBC. You will sacrifice low and mid-range torque in exchange for a little more power on the top end.

Unless you want to boost later on, skip the RBC and stick with the PRL CAI.

As far as other mods, definitely put a bigger RSB at the top of your list.

Pictures of the custom intake? If it's the same basic design as the PRL, it'll probably still make power.
Like squiggy said, a bigger rear sway bar will make the car feel so much better for cheap compared to those others mods, so definitely add that to the list.

The downpipes and catbacks are interchangeable without any issue. They'll bolt right up regardless of brand. Mix and match however you want. I'd also stick with the prl intake.

:1: @webby

Haven't heard of anyone with issues of mixing and matching.

As far as intakes go, from what I've read the PRL cold/SRI are the best performance intake. Not to say a custom one wont do good (as I'm making a custom scoop for the factory air box with a resonator delete) but it's never known what the outcome will be till it's completed. That's with anything done. Others with hands on experience can chime in better but I don't think there's much better options for performance than PRL. (from research)

So I am better off with the prl intake then. I rather not mess custom unless it's worth it overall

There is a bit of a tradeoff with the RBC. You will sacrifice low and mid-range torque in exchange for a little more power on the top end.

Unless you want to boost later on, skip the RBC and stick with the PRL CAI.

As far as other mods, definitely put a bigger RSB at the top of your list.

They finally did the review lol yea looking at this but now I'm having second thoughts this is more of a daily car anyways lol but not I have a clearer overview. What is Rsb? lol

grab a 2014+ rear sway bar from honda. It's 20mm
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/forum-rewards-pricing.2392/

from @Nix 's post below

===
Here is the page with just the RSB. It's the same part number for 2014 SI coupe or sedan:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ower-arm-scat/?part_name=spring-rr-stabilizer

Rear sway bar part #:
52300-TR7-A51SPRING, RR. STABILIZER

Install should be the same as any of the RSB DIY guides available here on the forum. I would also recommend you get new endlink nuts. The stock endlinks should be fine to reuse but sometimes the nut that sits on the end gets boogered up. Numbers 26 and 30 on the diagram. Get two of each. It'll be another $5-ish.

2 of these:
90002-S10-000NUT, FLANGE (10MM)

and 2 of these:
90212-SA5-003NUT, SELF-LOCK (10MM)

=======

22mm progress bar can be purchased through wesellcarparts if you want that instead (2006-2011 part fits)
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=4464

On sway bars, small increments can make big differences. The difference in stiffness is the sum of squares. A 3mm increase in size results in a 34% increase in stiffness. I think the Honda bar is 19mm compared to the Progress 22mm.

Either one will be a large improvement in handling that you can feel immediately.

Progress is 2mm larger. Just get the Honda one.

On sway bars, small increments can make big differences. The difference in stiffness is the sum of squares. A 3mm increase in size results in a 34% increase in stiffness. I think the Honda bar is 19mm compared to the Progress 22mm.

Either one will be a large improvement in handling that you can feel immediately.

i got the idea now im in the process of buying the 14'-15' Si rear sway bar like the above link lol.

any other suggenstions? so far what im in the process of ordering is
Flashpro
PRl CAI
Full race dp and exhaust
14'-15 RSB

You are on your way to a good working si my friend. Love the catless DP from full race, even either my stock exhaust. Now looking into this rear sway bar as I've never even considered it and if it's cheap for what it delivers then I am sold! Good luck with your build.

You are on your way to a good working si my friend. Love the catless DP from full race, even either my stock exhaust. Now looking into this rear sway bar as I've never even considered it and if it's cheap for what it delivers then I am sold! Good luck with your build.

I know bro I didn't even think about changing the rear sway bar until they mentioned it. The other stuff I'm getting sonon bout to hit a serious pay day and mods will be flowing quick

grab a 2014+ rear sway bar from honda. It's 20mm
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/forum-rewards-pricing.2392/

from @Nix 's post below

===
Here is the page with just the RSB. It's the same part number for 2014 SI coupe or sedan:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ower-arm-scat/?part_name=spring-rr-stabilizer

Rear sway bar part #:
52300-TR7-A51SPRING, RR. STABILIZER

Install should be the same as any of the RSB DIY guides available here on the forum. I would also recommend you get new endlink nuts. The stock endlinks should be fine to reuse but sometimes the nut that sits on the end gets boogered up. Numbers 26 and 30 on the diagram. Get two of each. It'll be another $5-ish.

2 of these:
90002-S10-000NUT, FLANGE (10MM)

and 2 of these:
90212-SA5-003NUT, SELF-LOCK (10MM)

=======

22mm progress bar can be purchased through wesellcarparts if you want that instead (2006-2011 part fits)
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=4464
Can I just confirm you are suggesting swapping the stock 2013 rear sway bar (15mm from what I read) to a 2014 rear sway bar(20mm)? It just seems too simple and cheap, making sure I am not missing anything. That significant upgrade for like $60-$70 I think.

Back