finally a legit photoshoot!

nah you don't necessarily need a better camera. that's kind of like eating food at a good restaurant and saying, "I need better pots and pans."

while there are certain types of shots that you can't get with a basic point and shoot, a lot of that extra depth and detail brought out in the reflections in the shots above comes from editing. if you look close you can see some of the halos in the backgrounds from the filters.
Ah, well I am useless when it comes to editing pics if it involves anything more than cropping or removing red-eye, lol.

yeah, it's a term photographers use, and it's especially apparent in bad HDR photos.

if you look at photos, the background seems to get just a little brighter as it gets closer to the edge of the car. This gives the car soft of a "halo," in that it almost looks like it's ringed by light. same effect can be seen if you look at the circles of light on the heavenersupply.com container, the dashboard, and in the 7th photo where the leaves meet the white sky. Basically, they show up anywhere there's a transition from dark to light. you can eliminate it by being careful with the filters and effects, or using masks to apply them selectively.

I purchased some of this black detailer and it works great. Easy to spray on and wipe off. Thanks for the tip.

so just a wash, and then this detailer?

0007466000319_500X500.jpg

Back