finally got my new baby :)

Ron Flood

Haida Gwaii
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
ordered hr on december 2nd, finally came in on February 2nd i believe.. live on a small island, but had to wait until february 10 to get her, thanks to work and ferry schedule to bring her home. only have 1 pic of her taken from me.. lol after owning a 2001 DX for 11 years, decided i wanted something more. go upgraded to a EX with a rear deck lid and rear mud flaps.. lol I have in my posession oem foglights, SI grill base, window tint, a decent 10" piooneer sub, but waiting for my 1000watt amp and replacement lamps/HIDs to get here then ill start tearing her apart.... ummmm got a great deal for her, 11 years later, i put 1000 down like i did in 2001 and the payments are exactly the same... $388 for 5 years.. go figure??? gets the same gas mileage and has alot more power... woohoo!!!
2012blue.jpg DSCF0073b.jpg

still couldnt bring myself to buying an automatic.... and saved $1000

Thanks everyone :)

and you gained a bunch of tech goodies on the upgrade too! Car looks nice.. are you going to do the audio install?

you may be of help to this user
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/add-sub-and-amp-to-navi-in-ex-l.3816/
(yes, I'm aware you don't have the nav unit)

Yes I'll be doing the stereo upgrade myself, altho for now its only a sub and amp and of course a 5farad cap.... i have next sunday booked to get my N1 muffler put on.. and most likely ill buy a axle back system when they make it... until then hope this lasts me. altho i went to a header and full exhaust system on my 2001, its just too noisy.. will most likely buy a double-DIN GPS stereo, sooner than later... go to 18s for summer and stick with the stock 16s for winter... im not going too extreme.. and oh ya i have lens tint paint for the rear brake lights... the front in my opinion looks tinted enough already.. :)

That sounds like a fantastic deal Ron. Nice choice in color too!

its actually not the same color in real life... when i first seen it, it was like thats not the color i ordered... but i do love the ride and comfort... but the stock tires suck sooooo badly.. no small wonder CR hated the handling and wet braking.... its got alot to do with that... and i noticed under the hood i cant put a upper strut brace due to the design under the hood.. uggghhhh.. :(

ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 18 16.46.jpg

i think i would go with these rims.. not tooo ugly... holy cow my car would look ugly without a rear deck lid spoiler... out of the 12 cars the dealer got when my car came in, mine was the only one with an manual tranny or a rear spoiler... makes no sense to me...

Congrats!!

You say you live on an island? Can I ask where? (I'm curious)

the queen charlotte islands or haida gwaii.... right up by alaska... altho im in british columbia, canada.. google it, then you will know.. and now that we have online shopping, i can buy anything here.. lol just be patient and expect to pay lots of shipping.. but honestly i dont mind...

IMG00171-20100826-1050.jpg

and heres my old girl, shes all riced up, still alot of fun to drive... but i really got tired of winding up windows and unlocking doors manually..

Congrats on the car! Looks great. Love the color

thanks sigirl, i liked all your videos on youtube.. i actually seen you first on cardomain.. damn the new civic get bashed alot.. lol im like they are econo boxes, what do you expect? yes they are very well built, but in the end still econo boxes... but atleast u have a fast one that looks sporty :) i want your front end ;)

thanks sigirl, i liked all your videos on youtube.. i actually seen you first on cardomain.. damn the new civic get bashed alot.. lol im like they are econo boxes, what do you expect? yes they are very well built, but in the end still econo boxes... but atleast u have a fast one that looks sporty :) i want your front end ;)
Oh really? Thanks for the support. What's your username on Cardomain? I agree it gets bashed a lot but what you said is true. They are meant for economy not racing the owners are what makes them sporty or not. I think the front ends can be swapped but I'm not 100% on it. I think I read somewhere it could be.

Yay! Glad to see you finally got your car! I'm sure being on an island has its downsides... but it probably has killer scenery to make up for it. Making the cross-Canada trip to BC eventually is on my bucket list :)

I find the colour of our cars changes drastically depending on lighting, when it's really sunny it seems they even have a tint of teal/green to them in the pearl.

Oh really? Thanks for the support. What's your username on Cardomain? I agree it gets bashed a lot but what you said is true. They are meant for economy not racing the owners are what makes them sporty or not. I think the front ends can be swapped but I'm not 100% on it. I think I read somewhere it could be.

yes forsure, im not on cardomain anymore sadly... altho i did enjoy it when i first had my 2001 civic.. have since outgrown it.. if you have FB, look up Ron Flood if u want... but your right the front ends can be swapped.. the fenders,hood,lights, under bumper all have the same part numbers, so i honestly dont see how it would be any different for the actualy bumper skin... ;) and the ironic part is all the haters out there, you could blow their doors off... lol :D

IMG01088-20120219-1729.jpg

anyone wondering, i ordered 08V31-TR0-100B, i heard a rumor that theres 3 different kits for canadian civics, mines the same as the US model for my EX.. about a 3 hour job for a firstimer.. lol

Yay! Glad to see you finally got your car! I'm sure being on an island has its downsides... but it probably has killer scenery to make up for it. Making the cross-Canada trip to BC eventually is on my bucket list :)

I find the colour of our cars changes drastically depending on lighting, when it's really sunny it seems they even have a tint of teal/green to them in the pearl.

yes and no.... realistically 8-10 hours out of my life each way... yes you should do it.... take some time off the same time as your sweety, then u can spell each other... :) im actually getting used to the color now... i actually bought some tint paint for the taillights.. but i dont think i'll do it afterall... :(

i actually bought some tint paint for the taillights.. but i dont think i'll do it afterall... :(
I used spray-tint on the tail lights of one of my older cars but this was quite a few years ago and I had a backup set which I eventually put on. The cops in our area are sticky on that now as it is considered a "safety violation" as they put it (cuts down on your visibilty to other drivers at night and when you are braking), though I don't know if it is actually illegal or if they just liked to be picky because we've got a fairly low crime rate and there isn't much else to do, lol.

Back