Financial - Retirement - Stock Advice Thread

New kitchens cost $80k? :eek: :bricks:
That's like 1/2 the cost of my house (well not really half maybe 1/3 lol)
Kitchen is just one item on the list. Windows aren’t cheap. Flooring isn’t cheap. Solid surface countertops, engineering…

New kitchens cost $80k? :eek: :bricks:
That's like 1/2 the cost of my house (well not really half maybe 1/3 lol)
That’s just the materials, nothing on labor. Things are getting expensive. Plus there’s the Seattle for sale of being in Seattle tax - prices are higher and there’s a 10.2% sales tax. So, $7k is just sales taxes. Sucks when the billionaires in Bellevue can just throw a million bucks at a contractor and then they all feel entitled to that money from everybody else.

I had a contractor quote me $350k to remodel the kitchen. Uh yeah…not gonna happen. Another came in at $300k. Wtf guys.

That’s just the materials, nothing on labor. Things are getting expensive. Plus there’s the Seattle for sale of being in Seattle tax - prices are higher and there’s a 10.2% sales tax. So, $7k is just sales taxes. Sucks when the billionaires in Bellevue can just throw a million bucks at a contractor and then they all feel entitled to that money from everybody else.

I had a contractor quote me $350k to remodel the kitchen. Uh yeah…not gonna happen. Another came in at $300k. Wtf guys.
Jesus. You can build a house for that much or do am addition.

Oh jeez I just looked-- I'm getting cooked!

d0f.png

I dropped $10k yesterday. Doesn’t shock me. Stock market has been running up like nuts in the hopes of loose monetary policy is coming back. But inflation remains 50% higher than the target and going back up. If the feds raise the rates, the market will wipe out all gains since September when they started betting on loose policy.

Back