finding card values?

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
hey guys i just stumbled across some old baseball cards from my uncle and i was wondering what the best way to find out if they are worth anything or not. or anyone on here collect?

I was gonna say go pick up a copy of Beckett. They are usually pretty accurate. I didn't realize a single copy was up to $40 for the price guide!

http://www.beckettmedia.com/basebal...kett-baseball-card-price-guide-mariano-rivera

Other than that you are probably stuck searching ebay for single cards and see if they are selling for the prices people are asking. Most of the online guides are garbage or just lead to spam links. I played this game a couple years ago myself.

my uncle emailed me last night and he said he has some more that he wants gone and that the majority of the rest of them are over 20 years old...

So.... sorry for bumping an 7.5 year old thread.

I was given some baseball cards that my grandfather had and wanted me to have before his passing. I see eBay is the go to place for listing them but of course they have steep fees.. I heard it's better than going to a Sport Memorabilia Store because they will low-ball you.

Anyone list sports card up on eBay lately?

So.... sorry for bumping an 7.5 year old thread.

I was given some baseball cards that my grandfather had and wanted me to have before his passing. I see eBay is the go to place for listing them but of course they have steep fees.. I heard it's better than going to a Sport Memorabilia Store because they will low-ball you.

Anyone list sports card up on eBay lately?
I’ve done it in the past, but not recently at all. You may have luck finding some cards of value and selling them individually. If you have a lot of cards, you’ll have to figure out shipping and the cost associated. A sports shop may offer you around 50% of Beckett in cash, or like 75% of value in trade. You will have ebay and shipping fees to deal with if you sell them online.

I’ve done it in the past, but not recently at all. You may have luck finding some cards of value and selling them individually. If you have a lot of cards, you’ll have to figure out shipping and the cost associated. A sports shop may offer you around 50% of Beckett in cash, or like 75% of value in trade. You will have ebay and shipping fees to deal with if you sell them online.
I've talked to a few people and they say the same thing. Might be easier to let a sports shop just buy them then listing them, waiting, shipping and payment.

I've talked to a few people and they say the same thing. Might be easier to let a sports shop just buy them then listing them, waiting, shipping and payment.
have you gone through them to see if anything stands out as rare or valuable?

So condition is a huge part of it, as well as the centering of the boarders etc. I don't really know how those would be graded, but a shop could easily tell you what you've got.

So condition is a huge part of it, as well as the centering of the boarders etc. I don't really know how those would be graded, but a shop could easily tell you what you've got.
Wonder how long they give you for X price they offer.

Wonder how long they give you for X price they offer.

I don't think it's like carmax. They don't really tend to fluctuate that much day to day or week to week. Anything they offer you would probably stand for at least a little while.

I don't think it's like carmax. They don't really tend to fluctuate that much day to day or week to week. Anything they offer you would probably stand for at least a little while.
Good to know. I'll have to search for places around me. I might expand the area a bit for the higher cost of living areas too.. maybe get more money lol

why awkward? Just say you have some cards you want to get a quote on. Just don't tell them they were from your grandfather. They may think you have zero interest in them and would take anything for some cash.

@bootyluvr That Jeter card is amongst the best of Jeter rookie cards if it was in graded mint state.

Mine is like the unimportant little brother.

E6262600-9F45-46AA-8926-094CB2CDA0F0.jpeg

Back