First Door Dent....

I too try to park my car away from other cars at a big parking lot. Sometimes I don't have much choice. My biggest gripe would be the size of the parking spaces. Some lots are better than others but when they make the spaces almost to the point you barely get your door open that almost touches the other car. I was like who came up with this? Obviously just like the airlines they try to cram everything into little spaces much as possible for the most buck.
Ppl are so dumb(even if they care), all we need to do is put our hand in-between the door and their car to avoid contact, piece of cake..........

I too try to park my car away from other cars at a big parking lot. Sometimes I don't have much choice. My biggest gripe would be the size of the parking spaces. Some lots are better than others but when they make the spaces almost to the point you barely get your door open that almost touches the other car. I was like who came up with this? Obviously just like the airlines they try to cram everything into little spaces much as possible for the most buck.

Agreed....and we drive Civics!! Where do trucks park?

What it comes down to is that people who hit other cars with their doors just don't care. It makes me so mad to work so hard keeping a car clean and stuff like that happens because they couldn't care less about other people's stuff.

Some people look at cars differently than me. I like my car to be a reflection of me and I take pride in it. Others see cars as nothing more than a way to get around. They're never washed, dented, damaged, not running very well, unmaintained.

If they don't care about their car, why would they look any differently at my car.

Some people look at cars differently than me. I like my car to be a reflection of me and I take pride in it. Others see cars as nothing more than a way to get around. They're never washed, dented, damaged, not running very well, unmaintained.

If they don't care about their car, why would they look any differently at my car.

Exactly... I won't pull up beside a total beater. Now if it's an older vehicle that appears to be taken care of that's a different story. Clean, decent tires ( not bald! ) and no McGarbage filling the interior... then it should be safe to park beside. Also look for any existing damage to the other cars first... if they park by braille... then it's probably not a good idea to park near them.

Exactly... I won't pull up beside a total beater. Now if it's an older vehicle that appears to be taken care of that's a different story. Clean, decent tires ( not bald! ) and no McGarbage filling the interior... then it should be safe to park beside. Also look for any existing damage to the other cars first... if they park by braille... then it's probably not a good idea to park near them.

Yep I totally agree. I don't like to judge people's cars but it is a reflection on how they do things. But it's not in every case. Most people out here are pretty good about not dinging up people's cars. One day I parked my car at Walmart and it's usually pretty busy so I tried my best to find a decent spot. So I found one with two empty spaces so I parked in the left spot giving it enough room to the spot on the right so the driver can open their door without a problem. When I came out of the store I was horrified to see this crappy old huge truck parked right smack next to my car with practically no space to even open their driver door. I was like great..gonna find dents and scratches. Nope. Nothing. It was perfectly untouched. I guess the driver probably used the passenger door to get out or very petite driver. lol.

So point is sometimes we get lucky or not. It's roll of the dice we play with our cars.

I once parked way out in the nether regions of a parking lot, nobody within 200 feet of me. When I came out, someone with a beat up chevy lumina had parked right next to me. I guess they felt the need to prove some kind of point.

I swore if I found one mark on my car I would kick the **** out of their car then set it on fire. Luckily my car was fine.

I know a landlord that after he takes applications for an apartment he walks them out to their cars, if the car is a trash can, no apartment for them.

Yep. The landlord knew what the apt would be like if they moved in. Smart man.

Good news guys! I got a PDR to look at it and he only charge me 50 to fix it. Its not even noticeable. Here are the pics before and after. Also the mirror reflection after NU Finish car polish on the door to get rid of the scratch.
IMG_20130201_093142_zps0beaae48.jpg

before
IMG_20130205_124634_zps3d92b384.jpg

after

Fantastic! Excellent results, and the price was right. It was hard to see how deep the scratches were with the flash, I should have asked you to see if you could catch your fingernail on them.

Cool on getting the dent fixed. After using that Nu finish polish the car looks almost invisible. lol.

Wow, the exact same thing happened to me- after less than a week of ownership I found 2 dime-sized dings on the front fender. I'll be taking your results into account once winter's over to get mine fixed as nicely!

Back