First Mod

Ok didn't want to do the bumper removal and buy a cheap pair of HID's from Ebay either.
Got some Halogens instead that i have read look real nice, for the driving lights got these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/23083507389...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_859wt_1141
Also got some Nokya 2500's for the fogs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/11092684146...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_657wt_1149

I viewed lots of YouTube vids and these look great. I do not need the HID brightness, and i feel that the stock brightness of our civics is very very good compared to other cars. The Phillips are a true white with no yellow.

Going to be buying these probably tomorrow.... Daytime running lights in LED pure white... again no need for high beams
http://www.amazon.com/Classy-9005-6...=UTF8&qid=1345740056&sr=8-1&keywords=9005+led

Will also be picking up these 2 kits for the interior dome and map lights
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230812819897
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251126046940#ht_2055wt_1269

Will have just the dome set to door, so when you unlock your car the interior glows red :D.

Will probably also do some Plasti-dip as well

looks like quite the mod install party. FYI - be very careful to not touch any part of the headlight bulbs (with your hand). The oils from your hand will greatly reduce the life of the bulb. Just touch the base of the bulb, or wear latex gloves when handling.

Can you not mount hid ballasts without removing the bumper?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Can you not mount hid ballasts without removing the bumper?

You can, but with the cheap E-bay ones you are running a risk, and about half of the reviews i have seen the ballasts have been faulty from the start or go out very fast.
If i do decide to get the HID later on, i'll get the Volts from xenondepot for around $100.

You can, but with the cheap E-bay ones you are running a risk, and about half of the reviews i have seen the ballasts have been faulty from the start or go out very fast.
If i do decide to get the HID later on, i'll get the Volts from xenondepot for around $100.
Yeah I get that. I guess my question is can't you just mount them anywhere as long as you find a decent spot. Why do they necessarily have to be behind the bumper?

They don't get all the engine hear if outside the hood, last longer... It also looks like a cleaner setup

I have had cheap eBay rebuilt one in my fogs for over three months now (knock on wood) with no problems paid 21.99 with shipping for them

U can mount them right in the dog light hole with zips that's what I did

And u can hid the his ballets in the engine compartment without removing much I can post pic tomorow if I remember sorry for the Broken posts

Clunck

OK, ended up buying all of the above. The first item just arrived and it's the Phillip's CrystalVision bulbs. Pretty easy to install on the passenger side, but the driver side was a pain and i decided to take out the battery to make my life easier.

Waiting till night time now to see the difference, lights look very white, but hard to tell at this time.
Should be getting the Nokya 2500's tomorrow and installing them as well.

The DRL LED, and the 3 inside LED's should be here by Friday.

Then to save up for Hondata and an ART SRI

Here is a video i made of the lights. It was a little hard to capture on camera, but on video you can see it a bit better. Overall i'm happy and for $20 cant ask for more.

Got the LED DRL's today, as well as the white map lights.
The DRL's look sick and are definitely pure white looking even during the day, unlike my headlights. Only problem is that they gave me an error code on the i-Mid and it's saying the check the DRL system. I e-mailed the vendor for a solution to eliminate the error code everytime i drive, but if you guys have one, please go ahead.
The map lights were very bright, and you can definitely see 10x better.

Here are some pics.
With Hi-Beam LED
WP_001246.jpg

Next to my Phillips CrystalVision
WP_001247.jpg

DRL
WP_001249.jpg

WP_001250.jpg

WP_001252.jpg

WP_001253.jpg

WP_001254.jpg

LED Map Light
WP_001255.jpg

WP_001256.jpg

WP_001258.jpg

WP_001259.jpg

WP_001260.jpg

WP_001261.jpg

I'll post a video later and a few more pics at night, still waiting on the fogs, USPS f'up once again

Thanks, got another pair of Low Beams because the Phillips weren't white enough. They look 4000k or so which is sunlight white, but not the white that you see in HID's and that's what i want. Specially now seeing the white coming out of the DRLS. Ordered up some Nokya Arctic white bulbs which should be here by the end of the week, and will compare the 2. The fog lights still haven't gotten here and even had to file a claim with USPS, since it seems to have left a facility on tuesday last week with no update so far.......

Is the package coming from across the US? I've only seen it once, but jasonandre had a package from the USPS do that. I think the package arrived before it updated again for some reason or another.

Back