First Mod

SiEnthusiast

Hey guys, not sure where to go with my first mod but i just saved up enough money this past week to get one.

I am considering an Intake or a Hondata reflash.

As far as the intake i have pretty much set my mind on the K&N after seeing how it sounds, it's cost, and how easy it is to install. I have also browsed around and say the Injen Cold Air Intake. I read a bit on the benefits of the cold air's but for you guys who have or have had one, how does it work on this car? Or is the Short Ram the way to go?

I could also get the Hondata reflash, there is a dealer close to me and hopefully i can drive up there and they'll do it on the spot. I don't really like the rev-hang too much and sometimes it feels like i still have my foot on the gas while shifting.

How does the Hondata reflash affect the intakes? I was reading that just putting an intake on the car gives it no performance boost, but once you reflash the car you can increase the amount of air the engine lets in or something like that.

Anyways if you had $300 to blow which would you do and why? Looking to do either probably this weekend.

I'll let others chime in on their experiences with the parts. I can tell you that the hondata reflash needs to be done by hondata. You have to mail your ECU to them in California. :sadwavey:

I'll let others chime in on their experiences with the parts. I can tell you that the hondata reflash needs to be done by hondata. You have to mail your ECU to them in California. :sadwavey:
It's a Hondata dealer, i thought they would be able to do it. In fact i just called but was told the guy i need to speak to left for the day already. On their website it says that Hondata does not deal with customers themselves, and that they do not tune ECU's and that it must be done in one of their dealers.
I guess i will have to wait until tomorrow, call again, and find out.

hondata corporate doesn't deal with customers in the sense that they don't accept orders. All of the "dealers" take the orders for them. Unfortunately, the dealers do not have the ability to reflash the ecu. You have to send it to hondata corp for them to reflash it.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.
Something else i could do is 6k HID's, tint the fogs, go pick up the splash guards at the dealer and maybe plasti dip the front and rear emblem, would love them black as well as the rims or maybe a gunmetal color, need to read up on it.

Hid in the fogs better light with same look!

I would go with the k&n! Water and fire don't mix and everyone like playing in the rain. If u know what I mean

But that's just my .02$

Thanks for the replies. HID's in Fogs would be nice but maybe at a later time.

I definitely want to plasti-dip the wheels and emblem... Got the day off on Friday so might do it then, thanks for the links Webby

Thanks for the replies. HID's in Fogs would be nice but maybe at a later time.

I definitely want to plasti-dip the wheels and emblem... Got the day off on Friday so might do it then, thanks for the links Webby

Hid in the fogs is easy too. Fog lights come out with one screw.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yea hides in fogs are nice plus u can just buy a cheap kit off eBay to do the fogs. That what I did

Clunck

What do you guys think of this HID kit? On local craigslist and only $60, many others for that price. I have seen some kits going for around $200.. whats the difference?

bulb/ballast quality usually dictate the price on plug and play hid kits. There are kits for like $35 on ebay, but the length at which the parts last.... :bananapoke: ..one member had bulbs & a ballast go out pretty quickly.

I'll probably end up getting one of the ones for $60 from CL from a shop, at least they will honor the warranty if they don't go under by then lol, warranty probably will be with manufacturer though.

Webby for the Fogs those LED's look perfect, any idea on where i can find those bulbs?

if you want the most hp out of an intake i would def. go with injen. its a tuned intake system and they reputation is awesome in the tuning world.

Which is the HID Bulb i should be looking at for the headlights? For the foglight it's an H11 i believe.
Thinking of just going HID on the fog's as well since the LED bulbs they sell supposedly are just for looks and do not light up anything.

Back