First Official 2012 Honda CR-V Images

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
First Official 2012 Honda CR-V Images
2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_12.jpg

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_01.jpg

Over the past few months we've brought you pictures of camouflaged prototypes, the loosely disguised concept and even the patent designs of the next 2012 Honda CR-V, but today, thanks to our tipster Andy Ye, we bring you the first official images of the final production model.

Not surprisingly, the styling changes over the concept CR-Vwe saw this summer are restricted to the matte finish of the plastic cladding on the body, the smaller wheels and the clear graphics on the headlamps and tail lamps.
Honda has previously said that its new SUV will be "more sophisticated and dynamic" than its predecessor while also offering improved interior space and versatility as well as a suit of new technologies.

The company has remained tight-lipped about the engines that will be available on the new CR-V, but it is believed that the North American model will reach U.S. showrooms at the end of November or early December with a more powerful yet at the same time more fuel efficient version of the current 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine.

On the other side of the Atlantic, Europeans should expect a choice of smaller displacement four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines when it arrives in the fall of 2012.

The 2012 Honda CR-V will make its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show in mid-November with the JDM model to debut a couple of weeks later at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show.

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_11.jpg

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_10.jpg

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_9.sized.jpg

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_6.jpg

2012_Honda_CR_V_Carscoop_13.jpg

That angle and the daek effects doesn't help the crv out. The close up of the headlight grill looks good. Dash is looking pretty nice too...is that i-mid? Def will have to show mu old roommate the pics as he is debating leasing one from the concept pics he saw before.

• Staff
looks like a digital clock up there - but I don't know what all it can/can't do at this point. They've not actually released any official specs showing what it will/won't have. The world unveiling for the production CR-V is scheduled for the LA Auto Show Nov 18th-27th

They need to make more changes. I would like to see more images of the interior. The front end is nothing special and I hate the back of it, looks like the Odyssey had a baby.

I agree with Dew that the dimensions of this bare resemblance to the Odyssey. But I don't think see it as a bad thing. I really like how refined and mature this new (JDM, at least) CRV looks. Who knows what we'll actually get in the U.S. until LA.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....I HATE work filters....can't see the pic.

• Staff
it's nothing mind blowing on the link. Just a few pics with taped up tail lights, etc. Here is the front

light.png

srsly? why don't we get projectors. Prob have to pay some extra dough and get the top end model to get features that come standard with other car companies. Honda is pissing me off lately....

Honda's been lagging with projectors, not to mention LEDs, for years. I bet it will still be five years or so before they become more commonplace.

srsly? why don't we get projectors. Prob have to pay some extra dough and get the top end model to get features that come standard with other car companies. Honda is pissing me off lately....
I knew you would not be pleased with the lack of projectors

Back