First post/suggestions please

jjlilly13

New guy here. I just got a 2014 si sedan last weekend and I am absolutely loving it(except for the non-existent detail job at the dealership). Years ago I had a 2009 civic si coupe and enjoyed every single one of the 100000 miles I put on it. My only regret being that I left it completely stock the entire time, I had a lifetime powertrain warranty and was too scared to void it(I never had a single problem with it) lol. My si came with a k&n typhoon air intake, I'm looking to add a downpipe and exhaust. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on which everyone prefers, I've watched hundreds of videos trying find the right sound and haven't found it yet. Even more importantly I am looking for advice on where in eastern North Carolina(Jacksonville/Wilmington) to have the work done at? I've read enough to know that I will need to have the car tuned after that... tuning is way over my head and I would really like to find a garage that really knows what they are doing. I'm not looking to create a race car but a few more HP and great sound never hurt anyone, right?

Look in the forum list for a section for vittuned or vitviper tuning. He does etunes and flashpro tuning combos. You email him your logs and he adjusts your tune remotely. He's tuned thousands of civics.

What kind of sound are you wanting from the exhaust? Loud/mid ground/ close to stock?

After doing some more research I think I am going to have to go with a catted downpipe, state inspections and all. I'm still looking for an exhaust, Q300 has been suggested but I just don't like the sound of it. Everything else seems too loud for it being an everyday driver. I have a history of speeding tickets that I have put a lot of effort into putting behind me and I don't need any extra attention from the cops.

Have you looked into Injen axelback? I have one on my 15 si and it's not ridiculously loud or ricey sounding. Doesn't do much as far as power but definitely sounds better than stock.

Don't mind me. I like making fun of people's typos.

Also, be aware that you must get a tune with a downpipe. And get rid of that intake before you tune the car.

Injen axel back has a great sound even on the YouTube videos! @littleshak do you have a downpipe on yours?
No i don't have one yet because of the fact that i would need a tune and don't have the $1500 right now to get a tuner, downpipe, and intake that i want. Maybe after the holidays. I'm actually thinking of taking the Injen off for the winter so the road salt doesn't destroy it.

If you're looking for a great sound, I think Rv6 downpipe with invidia exhaust sounds really nice.

Performance wise, Full-Race or Ulitimate Racingig is a better option.

Back