flash pro vs. rv6 dp?

2013_Si_Guy

Pasco, wa
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Ok I own a 2013 civic si. I already installed a k&n typhoon sri. I have enough for flash pro I was wondering would u get fp before dp? Im leaning towards that thought. I can prob get a dp in thr next few weeks if I get fp now. I also am planning to get the fp+tune combo from vitviper.

Ok I own a 2013 civic si. I already installed a k&n typhoon sri. I have enough for flash pro I was wondering would u get fp before dp? Im leaning towards that thought. I can prob get a dp in thr next few weeks if I get fp now. I also am planning to get the fp+tune combo from vitviper.

I would install and use FlashPro at the same time. If you are impatient, you could get FlashPro and at least use the Reflash until you get the downpipe. Doesn't really matter though. I had a 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust installed without an intake or FlashPro for a bit. I was throwing a code because I wasn't really getting enough air, though.

I'd suggest FP 1st. You won't get good results with a dp on an un-tuned ecu. Or get both at the same time. Lol.

I'd suggest FP 1st. You won't get GREAT results with a dp on an un-tuned ecu. Or get both at the same time. Lol.

FTFY

Slightly disagree. I noticed quite a difference! Nowhere near the potential though. Both is definitely the best route to go.

Personally I'd get the flashpro first and just temporarily upload the stock ECU reflash to get rid of that awful rev hang. But you should do both if you can and definitely get a tune with flashpro.

Actually on second thought, getting the downpipe first will probably save you a little money because if you get the flashpro/tune combo from Vit before you install the downpipe then you'd have to pay for another tune after you install the downpipe (albeit not the full price but he still charges extra if you add mods to your original tune).

Last edited:
But if I ask to get the tune after the dp install shouldn't be a problem.. pay for it now use it in a month...

Not trying to hijack the thread but since we're on the subject of FP I'd like some opinions.I have a catted RV6 DP,Q300 CB and Greddy momentum intake,I have FP but just running reflash map and have been for a while.I'm definately getting an RBC and throttle body but it might be a while(probably next spring).Should I go ahead and get a tune from Vit or wait till I get the IM and TB?I'm also curious how much power I would gain with the mods I have with a tune vs. reflash.

3" is a bit much... I dont want to lose low end torque... I dont plan on doing anything that needs me to run 3inch.

Not trying to hijack the thread but since we're on the subject of FP I'd like some opinions.I have a catted RV6 DP,Q300 CB and Greddy momentum intake,I have FP but just running reflash map and have been for a while.I'm definately getting an RBC and throttle body but it might be a while(probably next spring).Should I go ahead and get a tune from Vit or wait till I get the IM and TB?I'm also curious how much power I would gain with the mods I have with a tune vs. reflash.

Would the extra $69 for a retune from Vit after RBC/TB be worth the power gains you can get from a tune now?

I can't say a specific username off the top of my head, but users have said it's night and day difference on a tune vs the reflash (with the mods mentioned). Ask vit about retune prices, because when you do go rbc or whatever, you'll need adjustments. His retunes are cheaper.

3" is a bit much... I dont want to lose low end torque... I dont plan on doing anything that needs me to run 3inch.

Ummm...still tuning, but 3" DP and exhaust:

52574995_0_52574995d353b4.52952934

I have the same setup you are thinking about on a '12 Si. I got everything at the same time. Still tuning with Vit - but data logging has stalled on my end due to an injury that makes it uncomfortable for me to drive.

Thats unfortunate... how is the power difference from stock? I cant wait to do my mods.

Thats unfortunate... how is the power difference from stock? I cant wait to do my mods.
The torque at the bottom end has gone away somewhat, but at the upper end hold on! The noise is not bad under light to medium load - and is glorious at WOT. However when you lug it it sounds like a sick donkey. Found the big difference in the torque curve after the downpipe install. BTW I have the catted version.

Thanks squiggy and webby,I.m going to contact Vit within the next couple weeks.I didn't realize a retune was that cheap.

Back