flashpro needed? or no? help!

rayray0625

Need help with this one. Im new to this so please bare with me. Any advice or tips would be helpful or opinions. I have a 2013 civic si sedan,I recently added an exhaust system ( Invidia N1 ) and in a few days I will be getting my air intake ( K&N typhoon ). Now my question is will I need to get a flashpro? Or will I be fine without it. Just curious. I wont be adding nothing else, engine wise.

You'll be fine without it. To really see performance gains though, you'll need flashpro and a tune/etune from someone like vitviper who's a vendor here. Then you'll see hp/tq gains when he's able to adjust your tune.

Welcome.
As for your question, just having me respond will at least bump this thread. Not having a Si, but have been following this forum about 3 years. I have picked up on here that most add-ons that mod the performance will need a flashpro, and along with it you'll need to have it tuned, and the tuner of choice is @Vit (this will hale him).
I'm under the assumption that the Si should have the flashpro and have it tuned by a pro, whether you put add ons or not, due to a rev lagging...........

Hopefully some one that has more info will be on here soon.........

You don't need flash pro for those mods. The stock trims can adjust for the intake and the exhaust does nothing other than sound unless you also get an aftermarket downpipe. That said the kn intake is known to cause a power loss. Even with tuning. What you gain is looks and sounds with both.

You would see better results from FP alone than those mods

From what I have read, the Dp seems to be the most restrictive part of the vehicle. You will see the most hp gains there, but will need flashpro to remove the cel and to tune the car.

Ok so when is a flashpro needed just curious.
When you run a different size intake than stock, ex prl intake, when you run a different downpipe (aka header). When you change things like injectors or throttle bodies, and when you go turbo or supercharged. Basically when you do anything that drastically throws off the air fuel ratio

What will an after market downpipe actually do
The downpipe is also known as a header to some. It's called a downpipe because we have a single port on our head for exhaust gases to exit and this bolts to a single pipe rather than a traditional header. It is the most restrictive part on our vehicle and where you should start if your looking for more power. It has a pretty good bend and a catalytic converter in it so that's why it's so restrictive. Most downpipes are catless unless you specifically get one with a high flow cat.

Aftermarket downpipes replace both cats on our car and bolt straight to the catback portion of our exhaust.

If a catback and intake are all your going to do a flashpro would just be a waste of money imo. If you wanted any substantial gains you got the wrong parts, instead you should have gotten a larger diameter intake like the prl intake and an aftermarket downpipe, and those require flashpro to run.

Back