Flights 97 Ex build thread

Lol I'm picturing the inspection people watching that happening.

Luckily they didn't see it. I threw a floor mat over the whole mess so it wasn't visible then waited till no one was looking in my direction shut the car off and switched the Ecu. Took maybe all of 30 seconds.

Reactions: Nix
So some exciting new parts for this build are in the mail and should be arriving later this week. I drove the car to work last Saturday and just wasn't happy with something so I decided it was finally time to pony up and do what I've said I was going to do since I got the car.

Rear Disk Conversion!

Pics to come as the parts arrive.

did the ex's have disks or are they off the SI or?

did the ex's have disks or are they off the SI or?
Disk only came on 99-00 si trim. Ex got the crappy drum brakes. It's a relatively straight forward swap though. You can either swap the whole trailing arm or get an adapter.

yeah I just realized yours is the EX....for some reason I thought it was an LX in my head

yeah I just realized yours is the EX....for some reason I thought it was an LX in my head

When I went shopping for it way back when I knew it was ex trim or nothing. I wanted power windows (1st car I owned that had them), power locks, AC, and I wanted the more powerful engine with Vtec. Funny enough its missing 2 of those features now.

Big ol box of fun came in today. Just waiting on emergency brake cables and then it's time to install.
00e5b835938a6bbc588b0324b50f215e.jpg

how big are the rotors? I'm guessing you've tested for clearance issues with your current wheels?

Standard size integra/ si rotors. 9.4 in I think. They will fit no problem.

So I finished the other side of the brakes. Bled the system and adjusted the parking brake. All seems well, just waiting to take the car on a quick test drive when I have time.
6fca8b21fa8a4e6aa9f224ba6633c03a.jpg

d9a3d6d3d4fd61cda00ff6dd3cec914d.jpg

df27b8f687a323298c1874eed564a994.jpg

Also while I was changing the parking brake cables I found a nice dent in the gas tank. Nothing to be concerned about but still annoying.
a540b616a2b8b054bb3fa9d2ca8eefc5.jpg

Also should probably mention that I went ahead and upgraded to Motul RBF600 fluid while I had all of this apart and had to bleed the whole system anyway.

What wheels are you going to run?
Currently I have oem wheels off of a 2002 civic si. May get some better/lighter wheels in the future but for the 175 I shelled out for them they were a upgrade from stock steelies.

Reactions: Nix
Ordered these this morning.

3120025791d38db2095877754143d6cc.jpg

I'll take actual pics when they come in and try to do a weight comparison with a stock caliper.

I already have a decent set of ebc rotors up front so I'm going to get them resurfaced and should be good to go.

Going to order stainless braided lines for the front when I get home from work.

Back