@SpiderGirl
@squiggy
@FRDRICE
@06CivicSiR
@ethlar
@k757
@SpartanML

Hello Everyone,

Thinking about what food I'm going to make, since I want to get out early for morning runs and drives this year, I'm not going to do breakfast, but we will cookout at my cabin probably Wed-Sat nights.

I'm thinking the usual grill food like marinated BBQ chicken, burgers, and steaks. But also some kitchen food as well. I'm going to make some pan seared brussel sprouts again this year, and maybe a few other things. I was also thinking some mac & cheese w/ bacon.

Any more ideas? Feel free to post up! and I can run and get the foods during the meet for some cookout shenanigans. And Ol' smoky will be served.

I like everything you mentioned. Make sure you make a good amount of the pan-seared brussel sprouts this year ;)

I like everything you mentioned. Make sure you make a good amount of the pan-seared brussel sprouts this year ;)

I'll buy them in bulk at Ingles this year, I may buy out the whole store.

One day I do want to eat something at the Hub so we can enjoy the Robbinsville night life, but I can cook lunch or after snacks at the cabin.

What do you like to cook? Is the broccoli stir fried??
I can cook pretty much anything that would appeal to the masses, but yea, the broc would be sauteed and delicious. I can bring a pan or wok if need be too.

baked mac & cheese is easy and a fan favorite
coleslaw goes with everything
carrots/celery and ranch dressing

Pasta salad? I had the idea for mac & cheese come to me today, Wawa has mac & cheese that is surprisingly good.

I can cook pretty much anything that would appeal to the masses, but yea, the broc would be sauteed and delicious. I can bring a pan or wok if need be too.

You can bring a wok, if i I was driving down I'd bring mine.

So we're good without the mini grill? Still dont have one right?

No, I will definitely like if someone can bring a mini-grill so we can do burgers, steaks, chicken, etc..

If I was driving down, I'd bring the one I bought in Robbinsville last year. Seemed to do the trick, the cabins at Fontana used to have a grill on the deck, they must have been stolen / broken and never replaced.

There is a mexican place in Robbinsville across from the McDonalds. I think they are fairly new. I went there back in November. They are open late and were open on a Sunday too. Not bad food at all. Its definitely one of those "paint by numbers" style places. I've seen the same menu word for word at other restaurants.

Maybe we can hit one of those roadside corn stands and do roasted corn on the cob. The cabins have ovens don't they? I've got a pretty easy recipe for it.

The Hub is a really good place to eat, they have really good breakfast and coffee.

There is a mexican place in Robbinsville across from the McDonalds. I think they are fairly new. I went there back in November. They are open late and were open on a Sunday too. Not bad food at all. Its definitely one of those "paint by numbers" style places. I've seen the same menu word for word at other restaurants.

Maybe we can hit one of those roadside corn stands and do roasted corn on the cob. The cabins have ovens don't they? I've got a pretty easy recipe for it.

All for that.

I'm getting a good mac & cheese recipe this week also.

Back