For those who are skeptical about the k24z7

I still dream of hearing the pssss sound of w turbo and the chatter of a blow off valve though. To me superchargers just sound like a bad power steering pump lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

who said you can't have a blow off valve with a sc? :popcorn:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4qZJslnNs

Lol I stand corrected. Still I prefer the surge of a spooling turbo. I'm not looking to track the car or anything but its an amazing feeling when you floor it and its starts pulling harder and harder as the revs go up to the point of where you can't lift your head off the seat :)

that's sounds cool at first but I can see how that gets annoying...haha, it'd confuse the hell out of people...im a supercharged turbo?

I still dream of hearing the pssss sound of w turbo and the chatter of a blow off valve though. To me superchargers just sound like a bad power steering pump lol.

I kinda have to agree Bulkybear. I also like the sound of the turbo spooling up and the waste gate blowing off sounds cool as well.
I guess that brings up another point. Why do most manufactures who offer a FI in there production cars use turbo charging instead of SC??
Things that make you say hmmmmmm............:party:

they use turbos because they are more effecient for making power at lower PSI but can achieve a higher max HP and generate a lot of torque, so they can use a small displacement engine, put a small amnt of boost, and achieve just enough torque to get it moving yet still reach good EPA mileage standars, that's my guess... one of the most beast vehicles on the road is a CTSV / camaro ZL1... those use blowers, audi used blowers for a long time on the S series (not sure if they still use the blown v6 havent looked @ the newest ones) so it's not like mfg's dont use them, just turbos tend to be cheaper to develope as you an use a generic turbo and just fab the duct/pipe work vs a blower that needs to basically be custom done for the vehicle b/c of the intake manifold setup : )

they use turbos because they are more effecient for making power at lower PSI but can achieve a higher max HP and generate a lot of torque, so they can use a small displacement engine, put a small amnt of boost, and achieve just enough torque to get it moving yet still reach good EPA mileage standars, that's my guess... one of the most beast vehicles on the road is a CTSV / camaro ZL1... those use blowers, audi used blowers for a long time on the S series (not sure if they still use the blown v6 havent looked @ the newest ones) so it's not like mfg's dont use them, just turbos tend to be cheaper to develope as you an use a generic turbo and just fab the duct/pipe work vs a blower that needs to basically be custom done for the vehicle b/c of the intake manifold setup : )
I wasn't saying they are not used, just that not often and turbo seems to be the route most car manufactures go for FI as you said because it's cheaper to manufacture and easier to add onto an existing motor of theirs.
If I was to go with either I would probably go with turbo. I like da sound of the turbo as well.

yeah, i know you didn't say they weren't used, you were just saying "makes me wonder why they aren't used as much" so i answered as best to my knowledge =D
i prefer the blower whine... a BOV gets annoying really fast on any car, seriously it does...
i'm torn... i know for a fact a turbo makes more power for less $$... but to me it's not all about the finaly power #... it's about driveabilityj on a daily basis... and for me a SC handles that much better... i'm done with my 400hp days, i'm happy with 250+ :)

LOL.. I feel that.. I will also be going with the S/C It will be nice to get on it on the way to work ect .... DD...If i wanna drag well then
id have to bring the TRans AM..

Back