Found the factory amplifier...

Well if anyone wants to pull it out and mess with it, there it is. In all it's glory. Right under the steering wheel. It's the big ol black thing that looks like an amp with a heatsink.

Wish it provided some details. How many channels. How is power distributed between channels. How many ohms, etc. Dismayed to see that Pioneer did this amp for Honda as I'm about to replace the navi with a Pioneer version. Nice pic tho, thanks for posting it.

does anyone know the specs on this does it just power the subwoofer its a premier 360 watts system would a after market be louder or the same

360 watts is the peak power. The RMS is about 110 or 120 spread out over the speakers. About any aftermarket amp would be better, provide more power and be cleaner but the issue is that the speakers that came with the car are probably not able to handle the power. I'm selling the whole set on ebay for very cheap but if you have the money, I would go aftermarket.

I've never been able to find a wiring diagram for pre amp, just post amp. Honestly just tap into your rear defroster in the fuse box under the driver side dash for a remote wire.

Tapping into the fuse box isn't wrong. Is just a turn on wire that draws minimal amperage. Anyways I don't know if there is an actual remote wire on the stock amp or deck if you're wanting to do it the right way (which imho includes swapping out the stock head ;))

Also on second thought if you wanted to really integrate an amp into the stock sound system you could theoretically get an amp that accepts high level inputs, uses those inputs for turn on leads, and accepts a differential balanced input and then you can tap into the pre amp wires. That stuff is beyond my knowledge level though so I could be of much help on how to actually get that done.

Back