Fri. Drive - N. GA Twisty Extravaganza

Jeez I'm confused about tires now... all I read is how great these $800/1000/1200 sets of Michelin PSS and Dunlop Star Spec tires are but, now you fast guys are telling me you run cheap-*** tires and still corner like crazy? Hahahah... I'm calling witchcraft & black magic!

Jeez I'm confused about tires now... all I read is how great these $800/1000/1200 sets of Michelin PSS and Dunlop Star Spec tires are but, now you fast guys are telling me you run cheap-*** tires and still corner like crazy? Hahahah... I'm calling witchcraft & black magic!

Michelins are what all the ballers run and convince themselves they made the right choice, cheapos like federals and sumitomos are nearly as good, but won't last 20k miles with hard driving.

I'm on 'generals' and they seem to be good, took corners as hard as I would in the WRX and it's just fine, with less roll, it's nice to have a nicely balanced chassis and not a nose heavy Subaru for once.

Conti DW's and Yoko S-Drives are some awesome tires... I am DW's and with the right tire pressure it's quite fun of a drive

I guess this is becoming tradition. I will be leading a drive on Friday 9/13/13, that will take us down to Helen, GA for lunch and then back to Robbinsville, NC. We will be leaving at 8 am SHARP and returning by 3-4 PM. I need to get a feel for how many people want to go. Please post in this thread if you want to come along or have any questions about the drive.

Meet up at 8am where? FALKEN 4 life!

Last edited:
I have run Michelin to Sumitomo and there is not much difference between them. I have just went with an inexpensive summer tire each time.

Reactions: Nix
Michelins are what all the ballers run and convince themselves they made the right choice, cheapos like federals and sumitomos are nearly as good, but won't last 20k miles with hard driving.

I'm on 'generals' and they seem to be good, took corners as hard as I would in the WRX and it's just fine, with less roll, it's nice to have a nicely balanced chassis and not a nose heavy Subaru for once.

I know that Federal wont last long...but i got no enough $$$ n i need a new set of tires for the Dragon meet!
My Yoko S drive is done!!! (Bought it on last yr b4 our 1st Dragon meet!)
I liked it but its lil pricey n horrible tread life!!!

The federals can't be any worse than the p zero rossos on tread life. I am only at 13k and they are gone.

:yeahthat: not to mention the horrible tread life

I say Good tread life!
Cuz i went to Tail of the Dragon 7-8times with Falken!
Most of the time i drove the $hit out of it...lol
N i had to get a new set so i bought a set of Yoko S-drive! haha
But with Yoko S-drive i went to Tail of the Dragon 4times
Most of the time i was cruising like a granny! Lol
N now its done!

Last edited:
I'll probably come on the drive as long as I can wake myself up by 8:00. Hey have you guys heard of the Blueridge Parkway? My co-worker was telling me about it, it looks nice! I don't know anything about it though, except that it is supposedly in NC

Blueridge_Parkway_Viaduct_3.png

blue_ridge_parkway-260164247_std.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably come on the drive as long as I can wake myself up by 8:00. Hey have you guys heard of the Blueridge Parkway? My co-worker was telling me about it, it looks nice! I don't know anything about it though, except that it is supposedly in NC

The Parkway is nice but a cruising road....nice to go out and see the trees change to their fall colors.

I think by cruising, he means taking it easy. For the most part, many of us will be looking for roads that lend themselves to more spirited driving.

There will be times when our driving will be cruising.

I think by cruising, he means taking it easy. For the most part, many of us will be looking for roads that lend themselves to more spirited driving.

There will be times when our driving will be cruising.

Yes when we stuck behind harleys...

Back