Full race downpipe rattling.

It's seems like that's where the noise is coming from. But I had litterally ZERO rattling noises from my invidia until after I installed the downpipe.

SAME here. I had the invidia, then installed the downpipe, and have had rattling ever since. the exhaust just fits tight is all it is. The rattling should be just from that back metal plate under the bumper where the hangers are

Did you get those exhaust mounts that are supposed to stop rattle noises? I need to get them and see if it will stop rattling.

Still have not, I am waiting for warmer weather then I am gonna get those and all new gaskets just to get all of that nice and new.

SAME here. I had the invidia, then installed the downpipe, and have had rattling ever since. the exhaust just fits tight is all it is. The rattling should be just from that back metal plate under the bumper where the hangers are
**** so theres no stopping the rattle? Might have to switch catbacks then. I LOVE my N1 but I cannot deal with all the rattling. You can even hear it in the cabin. Just sucks! Makes the car sound shitty hahaa

**** so theres no stopping the rattle? Might have to switch catbacks then. I LOVE my N1 but I cannot deal with all the rattling. You can even hear it in the cabin. Just sucks! Makes the car sound shitty hahaa

No there are things you can do, poly hangers, or you can just use a cut off wheel and shorten the hangers on the muffler. That is probably what I will end up doing

Speaking of Invidia exhausts and it's hangers. These things are assembled overseas using a jig. My Q300's hangers weren't properly positioned. I took my car to a muffler shop. The muffler man heated up the hanger on the mid pipe and started bending them down to raise the midpipe a little since the gigantic halfway flange would scrape and get caught on almost everything (been driving lowered cars since 1997) so not my skills causing the problem. A lot of rattling and scraping was eliminated and that extra flange on the midpipe was only put there for minimizing the shipping box. Sorry, I hope no one thinks I'm hpthread jacking. Just thought it could help with rattling issues.

I recently switched to q300 exhaust and it doesn't rattle at all. I also put stigfer mounts from Torque solution. My full race exhaust was rattling and also touching the suspension spring.

Back