Full-race DP

Zammittt

Toronto, Ontation, Canada
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
'14 civic si sedan

Hey just wondering if anyone knows the power difference between a full race catted Dp and a non-catted DP?

If I get one with a cat do I lose a lot of power...I have a aem cai and flashpro basemap tune. Would like to add a TBS and a DP then get the vehicle tuned...any thoughts??

'14 civic si sedan

Hey just wondering if anyone knows the power difference between a full race catted Dp and a non-catted DP?

If I get one with a cat do I lose a lot of power...I have a aem cai and flashpro basemap tune.

Non-catted will net you 5ish more horsepower than the catted. However, your exhaust/car will stink as a result. Also, if your state requires vehicle/emissions testing, you will fail.

And people with asthma will hunt you down and reinstall the cat where you would normally sit down, thus making you quite uncomfortable (but not as uncomfortable as they will be for having to suffer your stinking exhaust and emissions). :mad:

'14 civic si sedan

If I get one with a cat do I lose a lot of power...I have a aem cai and flashpro basemap tune. Would like to add a TBS and a DP then get the vehicle tuned...any thoughts??

I would say to go with the catless DP as long as you have someone that can pass you come inspection. And for the TBS, I would say it's a waste. I think others will say the same.

I have the catless, and the smell isnt too terrible for me...but at first its extremely loud and the car does not run very well until you get it tuned.

I have a catless dp and can only notice the smell when at a stop light. Don't think its that loud, especially as a daily (the more gas, the louder). Kind of like the smell!

I have a catless dp and can only notice the smell when at a stop light. Don't think its that loud, especially as a daily (the more gas, the louder). Kind of like the smell!

Agreed now that I have had it for a while, it is much less loud. But at first start up after the install, it sounded like a subie :D

Noise is barely noticeable on mine. I never had any smell either.

Also, I use a defouler and plan to clear any codes with my flash pro.

Back