Gas Prices - what are they where you live now

I looked at taxes maybe a year ago to compare. It looked fairly similar on income, but taxes on goods were higher in Canada without a doubt. Granted, it's not as easy as comparing one country to another, as every state, county, city has different rates. Some states have no income tax, yet have sales tax on goods. Others have no sales tax on goods, but have significantly higher taxes on income. Some states like California have like 10% income, and over 8% sales tax on goods. Then add in federal taxes and so on.
Sorry... but when you say 10% income, does that mean they take 10% of your income? Or maybe I misunderstood that one... because if it is then that is hell of a lot less than they take off of mine! I'm in the 26% tax bracket (as in, the government takes a minimum of 26% of everything I earn for income taxes just because they can) and that isn't including what they take off for EI (employment insurance) and Canada pension. Plus my province pays 13% taxes on top of everything we purchase with the exception of certain grocery/food products and books (though I don't know why we don't pay it on books since we can't eat them). The provinces on the East coast of Canada pay the higest sales taxes in the country, which makes no sense since we also have the lowest average incomes out of all the provinces :(

Sorry, and in addition to the 26% taken by my federal government my province then takes another 12%, for a total deduction of 38% (enclosed in that 12% though are the EI and Pension payments I mentioned above, but it's still a sucky deal).

say you made $85k gross in california -
you'd be in a 28% tax bracket for the federal tax
looks like 2011 is 9.3% to the state

this is supposed to calculate witholdings - on a salary of 85k gross
Weekly Gross Pay
$1,634.62
Federal Withholding
$321.97
Social Security
$68.65
Medicare
$23.70
California
$110.05
SDI
$16.35
Net Pay
$1,093.90

http://www.paycheckcity.com/calculator/netpay/us/alabama/calculator.html
change the states and the salary, and it's will calculate an estimated paycheck by location.

but income taxes don't tell a full story. Some areas have much higher property taxes, and tax vehicle ownership yearly, and on and on it goes. So, instead of paying say..50 dollars to have your car plates renewed in some states, others charge upwards of $800+ yearly (based on car value). Higher the car value = higher your fee yearly to renew tags.

also - federal taxes are based on income level. It goes from 10% to 35% currently. 10% would be for those making less than $8700 yearly

also - federal taxes are based on income level. It goes from 10% to 35% currently. 10% would be for those making less than $8700 yearly
I would owe each year if my wife wasnt in school. I only claim two and she claims 0. We only get back what we pay for her school. I am not sure the percent I pay, but it is pretty high for fed and state. I do have a home and a lot of deductions, but they still take alot.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

Yy5WQ.jpg

los angeles, ca

Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, $5.79/regular.

Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, $5.79/regular.
I pulled into there once and it was at a stupid price. I think the gas must smell like naked women. It had better be for their always dumb pricing

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

3.65 for regular in Blacksburg VA

haha, but you can still have a 26mpg highway rating on the sticker!!!

Back