General Worries on install of bolt-ons

friedlimes

Hi ladies and gents first off I'd like to say hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Now onto the questions haha.
So recently I've been thinking about adding two bolt ons to my car which is completely stock. I'm going with the K&N short RAM intake and the invidia q300. First off I'd like to know if I'll be able to feel a real difference without the flashpro reflash etc. Second question and most importantly will there be any check engine lights that will appear on the dash and constantly bother me on the screen? If there is how do I get rid of them as this is the main deterrent in me getting these upgrades. Please only comment on this thread if you have first hand experience. Thanks guys!!

To answer your question of how to get rid of any lights that may come on - flash pro and a tune

You may feel a difference but any real power will come with a tune

With just an intake and exhaust you shouldn't have any lights come on if installed correctly. When you install the intake, PLEASE disconnect your battery. Many people forget to do so which results in a selection of lights and wonder what they have done wrong.

With just an intake and exhaust you shouldn't have any lights come on if installed correctly. When you install the intake, PLEASE disconnect your battery. Many people forget to do so which results in a selection of lights and wonder what they have done wrong.
So you have both of these upgrades and you had no light issues?

If you're not changing the downpipe and are just running the cat-back exhaust you should have no issues there.

I have both of these mods. The intake sounds great and you can actually hear the vtec crossover. I noticed a little performance increase. I also have the invidious Q 300 exhaust it sounds great. It's not all ricey. It has a deep sound to it and a lot quieter than other aftermarket applications. If I were you I would get a downpipe and flash pro too. I've noticed quite a big difference with all these mods

K&N Sri
Skunk2 catless DP
Hondata Flash Pro with tune by @VitViper
Invidia Q 300 exhaust

I've heard some say you may lose a small amount of power (or not have any gain over stock) with the intake until you tune. It's the only thing holding me back from getting one now.

I didn't do a before and after dyno. But I did notice a difference with the "but dyno" haha. I I throttle was more responsive it sounded great. It did pull a little higher in mid band and top end.

Thanks for the report on yours! Sounds like it may bump the power up a bit in the RPM band, maybe that's what some people notice.

Back