Getting the Best Gift Ever...

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
In August, My wife and I are expecting our first child. These first three months have flown by already and I am sure the next six will go even faster. I can't wait until the day I get to hold my first kid. I have been wanting to have kids since both my brothers have had theirs but had to wait on the wife to get ready and now the time has come. We will find out what gender it will be in late March so still have a little while to go for that, then we get to start buying stuff. So if anyone who has kids has and pointers or tips they would like to share please do, I may need the help. Anyway just wanted to share this with the community we have here. Thanks for looking and I will update this when we find out if its a boy or girl.

Congrats! Its tough at first for us first time dads, sometimes scary. Just be patient and calm the best you can. Over time you will figure out the personality traits and what works and what doesn't. Every kid is different. They are people like us. They like some things. They don't like others. My wife got caught up too much in what everyone else is doing. Well so and so's kid was crawling at 2 months so we need to teach ours too. Lets just say after much disappointment she finally agreed with me that he wasn't ready yet and from there started easing up and letting him be him. When he was ready to crawl he started trying. And now he's walking and going everywhere. Moral of the story is every kid is different. You will learn him/her over time as they will learn you and parenting will just get more comfortable over time. But the best advice I can give, enjoy all time together the best you can. Because time goes fast :D

Congratulations! One of my friends is due August 18th.
Very exciting! Best wishes to your wife on a healthy and easy pregnancy.

Thanks again, last year we actually lost a pregnancy after 10 weeks. That was hard to take for both of us. But so far everything has been normal and checks right with this one.

Thanks again, last year we actually lost a pregnancy after 10 weeks. That was hard to take for both of us. But so far everything has been normal and checks right with this one.
I'm so sorry :( I can't even imagine. Glad this little one is doing well!

Just an update, the wife went back to the doctor for checkup and everything is still great. The next ultrasound is April 2, that is when we find out what out little bundle of joy is going to be. I am thinking it will be a girl based off the two dreams I have had about it in the past couple of weeks. Also according to the chinese gender chart it will be a girl if you believe those things are accurate.

Back