Go FBO or FI?

mazda_lexus

Hey everyone,
Finally got to get on this forum with an Si!
I have a stock 2013 Civic Si Sedan. I have aspired to turbo charge my car with a PRL Stage 2 kit but recently wondered if I should go full bolt-on instead. I love having the ability to drive really fast. Used to know the torque of a 335i and it felt like a rocket! Seeing all the turbo charged 9th gens got we really wanting to feel that power again. But FBO looks nice and is definitely cheaper but is that even worth the thought?
I know when driving your MPG all changes on how you're driving regardless of FI or FBO. Can someone tell me their experiences on each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd read through this thread and the replies in it. I'd give you basically the same advice if you want to have a turbo or supercharger.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/everything-needed-for-turbocharging.14856/

What was the problems with having a turbo over SC? I read through it and really what I gathered was that for going 350hp the SC is easier due to the option of keeping everything stock. I planned on putting a downpipe and Invidia N1 exhaust with a PRL intake regardless..
I live in Cali so I know if I do a downpipe I may start having to worry about swapping it cause of the cat. Cause I can honestly afford either the Turbo or SC or FBO. But I'm debating on why the turbo is put down.

9th Gen Polished Metal Metallic Civic Si

If you're wanting over 350hp you'll want/need to build the transmission. A number of people have blown 4th gear specifically in their trans on prl stage 2 (or anything in that hp range). Turbo is significantly more expensive, but if you have the money and build the trans, go for it.

Hmm..for the trans would it just be a flywheel and clutch upgrade? How do I make sure I don't blow my gears?

~2013 Civic Si
~2009 Mazda 3
~2007 Toyota Yaris
~1997 Jeep Wrangler
>>>All my cars were loud and proud<<<

You could always go full bolt ons first to see if your happy with the power level there. If that's not enough you could then easily swap to the CT supercharger setup and you wont have wasted money because any bolt ons on the exhaust side will be retained and with a little work whatever intake piping you go with should still fit because i believe they kept the throttle body in almost the same position. Either option you go with though Flashpro and a tune should be a high priority on your purchase list.

Hey everyone, just an update if anyone cares. I'm more than likely going with a CT-E Stage 2 kit in the near future. Not sure what I/H/E setup i should go with but as for FI that's my choice:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back