Got a new PCM !!!

BlackJacques

Montreal, Canada
Vehicle Model
2013 EX
Body Style
Sedan
Well, I'm not really THAT excited about it...car is only 3 months old.

About 4 weeks ago, stopped the car for 30 min, and when I re-started, idle jumped to 2500 and check engine and ESR warnings lit up my i-Mid. Surprise!

A few seconds of surprise later, turned it off, thought about it for a moment and restarted. Idle back to normal but warnings still on. Since it was my day off, drove to the dealer.

They plugged it in, found the code and then were on the Honda Techline. Got the car back an hour later, i_mid back to normal but no fix. Seems that the 13 Civics will be getting a software update soon and mine is the first Canadian occurence.

Problem was, the software has not been released yet, and for some reason Honda Canada wanted my PCM to be physically changed (lucky me) and guess what? The hardware (PCM) was still being manufactured and not yet available!

Long story short, I had the new PCM with new software installed today and re-programmed...just have to bring my extra keys to be done.

Thought they could program me an extra 100hp, but they didn't go for it.
-Jacques

BTW: The problem I had that first time never re-appeared.

Oh boy.....hope all is fixed. Pain in the *** going to the dealership.

Hope so too.

The dealer I go to is phenomenal...It's the second car purchased there for us. My son bought his CRZ there about 2 years ago.

While shopping for the CRZ we called this particular dealer for a road test (in the middle of January, freezing, snowing at about 7:30PM) while driving to the actual dealer. The guy says sure, when do you want to come...and I say half an hour, he says no problem!
When we get there, they start taking the CRZ out of the showroom for our road test!
He didn't care about weather, time, or anything else. He says to us: YOU want to drive it ??, we'll take it out for you, no big deal !

Anyways, it was great customer service especially after experiences at other dealers. We now know the sales/general manager personally, as well as the parts and service manager and they bend over backwards for anything we need. They really are fantastic. For anyone in the Montreal area, its called Vaudreuil Honda.
-Jacques

Back