Got an odd issue

Kasualties

So every time the main window is rolled down I can feel the door panel move outwards, and when rolled up it goes back in. If you put your hand over the window controls, locks, speaker, ect you can feel outside air
Is this a problem I should worry about or is it most likely not a big issue?

I know others have said they feel air by the handle. That has been brought up in a number of threads, so that’s not abnormal. I’ve not seen anyone talk about the panel itself moving. Most of the panel is held by clips, and if I recall correctly 2 screws. Try pushing around the panel and see if one of the clips isn’t completely snapped in?

I know others have said they feel air by the handle. That has been brought up in a number of threads, so that’s not abnormal. I’ve not seen anyone talk about the panel itself moving. Most of the panel is held by clips, and if I recall correctly 2 screws. Try pushing around the panel and see if one of the clips isn’t completely snapped in?
Huh that's wacky, I'll see if that does anything thanks!

My driver door panel does the same thing, but no air that I have felt. I always thought it was just a thing that these cars did, it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything

Yea my door panel does the same thing but I don’t feel air. At least I haven’t noticed. I’ll check after work when I get off

so this is an old thread about air, but I see it does mention the door panel flexing in a few posts

door panel 'deflates' and 'inflates' while window is up/down?

I have a '12 Sedan LX, everytime I put the windows down or up, the inside door panel 'sucks in' when the window is down, and 'puffs out' when the window fully closes...anyone else deal with this? was wondering if it's a known issue, or I have a lemon panel lol...thanks

this is for both the driver and passenger door panel, unsure about the back panels, haven't tried yet

Last edited:
door panel moving when window glass is up or down is normal. i havent had a door apart but im assuming the regulator is attached to a modular carrier plate that replaces the old plastic and black tar stuff of the old days. so when the window is in the full up position it will flex the plate a little. 1610547151171.png

as for the air, its also normal. it has to do with positive or negative cabin pressure. if you open your sunroof a crack while driving you'll probably feel more air.

Back