Guys I need some help.. Head work needed asap

silver04v

Well, story goes, my 2013 si has 239k miles on it.. today it decided to end its life and my exhaust valve spring on cyl 4 broke and proceeded to jam that valve into the head...I'm not sure of piston damage yet, planning to boroscope it tomorrow. Say the bottom end looks good, what can I put on this thing for an upgrade? Can we swap on the head that has full exhaust ports if we make a custom header? What is involved with that and what would be needed.. also up for any other recommendations. I'm having trouble finding anything definitive.

the first few posts go into the parts and pricing for a k20 head swap, and it also requires custom fab work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAiu2cNXiM

Tuning by Nick
Honda / Acura Dyno Tuner Toronto, Ontario, Canada nick@tuningbynick.com
Owner IG - @aiden.te Built by IG - DK Automotive in Kitchener, Ontario
2013 Civic Si - 9th Gen Civic SiK20Z3 Stock Cylinder Header
K24Z7 Bottom End - Stock Pistons and Rods
RSX Oil Pump
Hybrid Racing "Hot Air Intake" ; )
8th Gen Civic Si Throttle Body
RBC Intake Manifold
RDX Injectors
PLM K24 8th Gen Swap Headers
Invidia Q300 Exhaust System
Hondata Flashpro

As Webby mentioned, a K20 head on your K24 bottom end would be the move. Other than that, just throw a new/rebuilt stock K24 head on it.

Yeah, dang, that's a bunch of work I'm not looking to do right now haha... decided to get a used motor for now, and maybe I'll work on something fun with the old one... I looked today and #4exhaust valve is completely sideways(90) and touching the other valve.. piston took a good hit as well. Think I might spring for a down pipe, exhaust and tuner for this new motor... Suggestions?

Evans tuning has had a lot of praise for their work over the years. I know some users here have used them for e-tuning.

https://www.evans-tuning.com/tech

I don’t know if you’ve got emissions testing where you live, but that may determine what downpipes you can go with. Some are offered with or without cats, or high flow cats. If you have emissions testing, you’ll definitely need a catted version.

Full-race and rv-6 downpipes are popular and offer multiple configurations for cats.

Back