Guys with 22mm rear sway bars... Bushing Upgrade

The bar does come with bushings. The energy bushings are just an upgrade so you can have a grease port that is easily accessed instead of having to take the bushings off once a year and regrease them.

The endlinks in that package are adjustable where the Moogs are not. Some people have had trouble with adjustable links making noise in the past. Your stock endlinks should be fine for a while anyway.

what if you don't grease the bushings once a year, you don't grease them on a stock car so why need to on the new ones?

@greene907 - The bushing material is different and it will start to eat into the bar. Mine started making noise after a while. Here are some pics from my Progress bar after 2 years and not greasing it the second year. I greased it heavily at install and again the next summer. I'm not sure if Honda greases bushings like this when you take the car in for its service intervals.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2-year-progress-rear-sway-bar-update.8172/

ya they don't grease them, but replace them when they start making noise, or with link replacment they do them at the same time, just weird you have to grease these once a year, not a big deal but if you don't have a lift then makes it not a fun just to do

I would recommend greasing them once a year but you could always wait until they start making noise. These bushings from energy make it a 5 minute job. Thats the real advantage with these over the "stock" ones that come with the upgraded bar. If you don't get these then you are definitely going to have to unbolt the bushings and regrease em' the hard way.

seriously though, get a $12 grease gun with the zerk fitting from pepboys/autozone/canadian tire and you can be done with the regrease in a couple minutes. You wouldn't need a lift or any tools at all.

Why not just use teflon tape (eg. the non-sticky white tape used on plumbing threads) between the bushing and the bar?

I've never had any issues doing so. Never have to grease, never squeaks, and costs a couple dollars.

Reactions: Nix
Certainly could. In the NE the amount of grit, sand, salt, and just general winter "ick" that you pick up, pushing fresh grease through the bushing helps clear all that out. Just a way of keeping it clean and avoiding the sandpaper effect against your sway bar. I think more southern states or just warmer and friendlier climates have less issues to deal with. Great idea though. I hadn't really thought of trying the teflon tape.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a progress 22mm and the grease-able bushings, just gotta wait for my dam w2 to show up.. then another few weeks for a return..

Certainly could. In the NE the amount of grit, sand, salt, and just general winter "ick" that you pick up, pushing fresh grease through the bushing helps clear all that out. Just a way of keeping it clean and avoiding the sandpaper effect against your sway bar. I think more southern states or just warmer and friendlier climates have less issues to deal with. Great idea though. I hadn't really thought of trying the teflon tape.
Question, Will these work for the 24mm Progress bar?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.5160

o ya i installed it, pretty easy too. made such a deifference in corners, i can take a corner in third and it feels like second gear would

Well I am he'll bent on staying stock, but the more I read the more I want to do it. I just am concerned about affecting the performance of my car. Mpgs is my goal & making sure my ride is appealing to me as well. I also don't want to mess with it if it will affect my extended warranty.

Back